Automation for watering plant

hi all,

i’m trying to create a program for my plant, so i’m using an esp32 to control some solenoide valve for the water, but i want that the esp32 knows the time, the day ecc, so i can tell to the esp32 when water the plants and create a week routine, how can i do that ?

thanks in advance

Hey there, I recommend you to use Automation.

hi thanks for repliyng, could you tell me more about automation?

Sure, you are using the new blynk right ?

yes of course

First read this.
https://docs.blynk.io/en/blynk.apps/automations

ok, sorry for the late response, i ve install the blynk iot for android but in the home page there isn’t the option called automation and i don’t know why.

You must enable it. When you create a datastream go to advanced settings and check expose to automation.

ok I’ve only seen it now, but only for PC by the way, but I can only automate the virtual pin, how can I automate the physical pin ?, also I want to time a switch, how can I do it?

I’ve never tried to use a physical pins before, but when you create a new datastream there’s digital and analog just choose digital and try.

To time a switch create a new automation then choose time of day.

ok but i want the switch to stay on for about 10 minutes, and then turn off automatically

i try for digital and it isn’t gave me the option to choose a physical pin, can i i some way connect a virtual pin and a physical pin?

Read this…

Pete.

This feature will be released in 2 weeks for the automations.

1 Like

Great news with the new automations within 2 weeks, looking forward.

@Dmitriy
Do we also get a adjustable time, like active between 02:00 till 9:00?
What i’m also missing is the option for only 1 time acton till next time automation is called, if I set no limit nothing is happening.

Yeah, something similar. New automation allows you to set the trigger at 02:00, add “wait” action for 7 hours. So it would be equal to from 2:00 to 9:00.

You can also set the trigger at 02:00 and wait till 09:00.

There are 2 new types: wait and wait until.

2 Likes

:+1:

great!