Automated Seedling Grow Box

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share a project a buddy of mine and I threw together. We built an automated seedling growbox that controls temperature, humidity, light cycle and watering cycle. We used blynk to design the control app used to set the lighting and watering schedule and control the temperature/ humidity. The grow box has a water pump/ drip irrigation system, 2 temp/ humidity sensors, grow lights, exhaust fans, and circulation fans; all of which are controlled through the app we created using blynk. For this project we used an arduino mega 2560, a seeed studio ethernet shield, 2 DHT11 Humidity and Temperature Sensors for tracking internal and external temp/ humidity, a cheap water pump from harbor freight, grow lights from home depot, and computer fans for circulation and exhaust. We constructed the enclosure out of wood and insulation board. Below is a link to an imgur album containing pictures of the enclosure, irrigation system, control panel, and screen shots of the app we created.

Growbox Imgur Album

6 Likes

hello awetzel, this is an amazing project. thanks for sharing… i do custom automated grow boxes as well, check it out; http://www.instructables.com/id/the-Plant-Doctor-family/

nice to meet you, great stuff.!!!

3 Likes

Hey man great project! Im building the exact same thing for me, it would be really awesome if you could share the code to help me and others to build one eheh

Cheers!

1 Like

I just leave it here

1 Like