Asia Server is down now

Works again when uppdating app.

Si ma lo uso con node-red server wss://blynk-cloud.com/websockets

16 Mar 20:03:16 - [error] [blynk-ws-client:test] Websocket Error: certificate has expired
16 Mar 20:03:16 - [info] [blynk-ws-client:test] Client Error
16 Mar 20:03:16 - [info] [blynk-ws-client:test] Reconnect in 5 seconds…
16 Mar 20:03:16 - [info] [blynk-ws-client:test] Websocket closed: wss://blynk-cloud.com/websockets
16 Mar 20:03:16 - [info] [blynk-ws-client:test] Reconnect in 5 seconds…

This is because the certificate has expired, as you can see from the error messages.

Dmitry has said…

The simple solution is to change from wss to ws until the issue is fixed.

Pete.

Funziona. Grazie :grinning:

For node-red users:
if you want to keep the connection to the server via ssl websocket (wss: //), please update node-red-contrib-blink-ws to version 1.0.5.
See this post

Hi Pete

I think there is some issue in the Asia server. Since today morning blynk app is not opening on my handset and asks to check the internet connection. I’m from India.

Proteek

Hi Dmitry

Google play store updated the app on my handset but still it is not opening

Hi Dmitriy,
Please send your an e-mail to me…I have one question about blynk bridges…

Thanks,

Danijel

@dstih, Dmitry is one of the Blynk developers and is busy working on the new version of Blynk, which is due to be launched to a closed beta testing group next week.

If you have a question relating to this topic (problems with the Singapore server) then I’d suggest that you post your question here.

If the question is on a different subject then I’d suggest that you create a new topic with details of your problem and members of the community forum will attempt to help.

Pete.

1 Like

On android 5.1 does not work (can’t connect to the server. try later), on android 10 it works. Updating to the latest version doesn’t help. What to do?

i have the same problem, no connection to server, app is updated, but “couldn’t connect to rheserver”
Kharkov, Ukraine

Hi Pete. Can’t connect to blynk remote server from Poland. Did app update still no luck. Any suggestions?

This topic is about issues with the Asia server. Presumably you’re using the Frankfurt server?

Pete.

How do I check which server am I using?

Ping Blynk-cloud.com and see what IP address you get.

Paste the result into a Geo IP lookup service like this:

and it will give you the location of the server.

Pete.

For Android users:

It looks like some DNS issue, and we are investigating it. You can help us by sending logs from the blynk app from your devices.

To send logs you need to join our beta channel: ​On Play Store app’s page scroll till ‘join the beta’ and enroll. It would be required to try to login again, get the failure notice and go back to the start screen (with login / create new acc buttons). On the start screen long press on the Blynk Logo image will popup an alert which will propose to send log file to alex@blynk.cc email - usually, Gmail handles everything and you will need only to press send.

Also, there is some workaround for the app to mitigate this issue described above: Asia Server is down now - #34 by PeteKnight

Frankfurt it is

Hello all. The issue should be fixed. Please let me know if not.

unfortunately the problem persists, still writes that “couldn’t connect to the server”.
Kharkov, Ukraine