Argon add a device issue

hi all,

Trying to connect new particle argon with new Blynk app. When I go to add device it searches but prompts me to WiFi network settings to select device however I do not see the device ever appear. I used the particle app to connect argon to local WiFi prior?? Can someone please help me

Also what mode should my argon be in during this process?

Thanks

https://docs.blynk.io/en/blynk.edgent/supported-boards

It appears others have been able to connect the Argon device in your community. I will try again with Photon tonight but I was not able to connect that one either. Do the devices need to have code flashed on them for Blynk to connect to device? Very confusing process.

I really hope your team immediately improves the Particle device connection and accepts their new versions of Boron and Argon as myself and others I know prefer this microcontroller and use it almost exclusively.

I have a ton of Particle devices working with new Blynk. Just use the Static Token workflow as we don’t have WiFi provisioning for Particle devices.

I followed the steps in your link for the photon and argon particle boards but was still not able to connect either device.

These are the steps I am taking…

1. Power on particle and connect to local wifi via particle app.
  2. Create template in Blynk
  3. Create device in Blynk
  4. Flash below code onto particle via web IDE. (use auth token, device name, template id from Blynk)

Here is my device code…

#include <blynk.h>
#define BLYNK_TEMPLATE_ID "TMPLsRJE8EmO"
#define BLYNK_DEVICE_NAME "24v motor amp sensor"

char auth[] = "****************5kBsPZqjHUJgH";

void setup()
{

Serial.begin(9600);

Blynk.begin(auth);
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
}

When I include “ssid”, “password” in Blynk.begin statement I receive character error. Also tried naming those as char variables.

Can you share your blynk.begin code for the particle devices you have connected?

Also, once this is code is flashed to device do I go back to Blynk and continue Add Device protocol in app?

Thanks

@Mlaird please edit your post, using the pencil icon at the bottom, and add triple backticks at the beginning and end of your code so that it displays correctly.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

Pete.

Thanks @PeteKnight. Will make sure to use that in the future. Any help you or @Pavel can offer looking at this?

You need to put tokens above the blynk includes. Docs cover this in details.

1 Like

Just my five cents here: I don’t use particle app for WiFi. I state wifi credentials in the code as it’s explained in the docs.

Thank you! I am online! Can’t wait to contact your team about White label needs! :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

And we can’t wait to hear from you! :slightly_smiling_face: