Arduino UNO R4 WIFI SUPPORT

Does arduino uno r4 wifi support connecting to blynk now, I searched blynk.ncp on document and there is a mention of uno r4, but I tried the example and it doesn’t work!

We literally just both posted within 2 minutes of each other. I’m in the same boat. Just trying to get the new arduino uno r4 wifi online before I start coding it to do anything.

have you test the blynk.ncp?It looks like you can get it to work by blynk.ncp, but there are so few tutorials that I’m not very good at using it

I just did try that. I still get errors. Not sure what extra configuration is needed.

See below.

In file included from /private/var/folders/6h/tlts2qy92kd0bxwj3c43m5ww0000gn/T/.arduinoIDE-unsaved2023610-71405-8lsrmq.z2vzm/BlynkNCP_Simple/BlynkNCP_Simple.ino:17:0:
/private/var/folders/6h/tlts2qy92kd0bxwj3c43m5ww0000gn/T/.arduinoIDE-unsaved2023610-71405-8lsrmq.z2vzm/BlynkNCP_Simple/NCP_Helpers.h:36:4: error: #error “Your board needs extra configuration to work with Blynk.NCP: please define BLYNK_NCP_SERIAL and perform NCP hardware initialization if needed”
#error “Your board needs extra configuration to work with Blynk.NCP: please define BLYNK_NCP_SERIAL and perform NCP hardware initialization if needed”
^~~~~

exit status 1

Compilation error: #error “Your board needs extra configuration to work with Blynk.NCP: please define BLYNK_NCP_SERIAL and perform NCP hardware initialization if needed”

lets wait them get fix,the good news is arduino cloud is going support r4 wifi next week. :rofl:

Deal. All I hear ringing in my ear right now is “patients young grasshopper.” haha At least I don’t feel alone now.

You’re trying to use the NCP Driver directly, but you should actually use the complete NCP Project Example:

Explained it here https://github.com/blynkkk/BlynkNcpExample/issues/3#issuecomment-1629744746

you want to make Blynk work with Uno R4 or Edgent?
because BlynkSimpleWiFi should work.
Edgent can’t work because credentials storage is not solved yet

@Juraj not only that, but many other things as well.
In general, for those who need Provisioning, OTA, etc. - Blynk.NCP is suggested for dual MCU boards:

• It allows Blynk to provide better quality service/support
  • Besides regular Edgent features, it adds BLE-assisted provisioning, credentials storage, Time API, persistent automations, etc.
  • Simplifies the main MCU firmware making it much more versatile and responsive
  • Offloads a lot of stuff to the Co-Processor so the main MCU can have more resources.
  • Allows to reduce greatly the OTA upgrade binary size
  • etc. etc.

so basic Blynk, Edgent and NCP are different.

• basic Blynk works on every Arduino with proper WiFi.h or Ethernet.h
  • Edgent and Edgent.NCP are useful for provisioning and OTA but work only on a few supported boards.
  • NCP doesn’t allow any other networking (for example reading a local device over telnet or Modbus TCP).

Correct. But:

• NCP doesn’t allow any other networking, just because it wasn’t prioritized/implemented. It’s not a conceptual limitation.
  • NCP is not supported “on a few boards”, it actually allows connecting virtually any MCU, running any OS/framework, not only Arduino.

ok,i got same problem with you now :rofl:

pio run -e unoR4wifi -t upload
Processing unoR4wifi (board: uno_r4_wifi; platform: renesas-ra; framework: arduino)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/renesas-ra/uno_r4_wifi.html
PLATFORM: Renesas RA (0.0.1+sha.ef4b59f) > Arduino Uno R4 WiFi
HARDWARE: RA4M1 48MHz, 32KB RAM, 256KB Flash
DEBUG: Current (cmsis-dap) External (cmsis-dap, jlink)
PACKAGES: 
 - framework-arduinorenesas-uno @ 1.0.1 
 - tool-bossac @ 1.10901.0+sha.4ffc53f 
 - toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ 1.100301.220327 (10.3.1)
LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> https://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
LDF Modes: Finder ~ chain, Compatibility ~ soft
Found 18 compatible libraries
Scanning dependencies...
Dependency Graph
|-- Blynk @ 1.3.0+sha.5dd3047
|-- BlynkNcpDriver @ 0.6.1+sha.13fd027
|-- SoftwareSerial @ 1.0
Building in release mode
Compiling .pio\build\unoR4wifi\src\main.cpp.o
In file included from src\main.cpp:14:
.pio\libdeps\unoR4wifi\Blynk\src/BlynkEdgentNCP.h:113:4: error: #error "Your board needs extra configuration to work with Blynk.NCP: please define BLYNK_NCP_SERIAL and perform NCP hardware initialization if needed"
  113 |   #error "Your board needs extra configuration to work with Blynk.NCP: please define BLYNK_NCP_SERIAL and perform NCP hardware initialization if needed"
      |    ^~~~~
compilation terminated due to -Wfatal-errors.

@leo1 Please edit your post, using the pencil icon at the bottom, and add triple backticks at the beginning and end of your compiler error message so that it displays correctly.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

Copy and paste these if you can’t find the correct symbol on your keyboard.

Pete.

The issue is resolved as per

Dear vshymanskyy,

I tried to connect my Arduino Uno R4 WiFi to Blynk. I get errors on the WiFi_Link library. Do I really need to follow the link: arduino uno r4 wifi support · Issue #3 · Blynk-Technologies/BlynkNcpExample · GitHub to get it work? If so, the picture is not clear enough how to connect the jumper wires. Please help.

Is an easier solution available. My former decive WeMos D1 R2 went quick. But now my Arduin Uno R4 WiFi is not.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support.

What I want to achieve is to control my Robot Car via my Android Phone with the Blynk app.

you can use BlynkSimpleWiFi.h with the WiFiS3 library