Arduino Uno and USB serial "Wasn't on line yet" error

Project with Android, Arduino Uno and serial usb D13 worked for 1 day. Went offline and could not get it back online. Deleted project and created again, uninstalled Blynk app and reinstalled app. Now I get error “Wasn’t on line yet” after pressing play button. This info is from pc.:\Users\Paul\Blynk v0.5.3\Blynk\scripts>blynk-ser.bat -c com3
Connecting device at com3 to blynk-cloud.com:80
OpenC0C("\.\com3", baud=9600, data=8, parity=no, stop=1) - OK
Connect(“blynk-cloud.com”, “80”) - OK
InOut() START
DSR is OFF

Need help or direction for debugging.
Thanks

Are you certain that you’re using the new auth code, from your new project, and that there aren’t any incorrect/illegal characters that are caused by copying/pasting it incorrectly?

Pete.

Pete,
Yes I did check the auth code. I also deleted it and copy and pasted again. It looks right to me.

Thanks
Paul

Pete,
Is there any way to verify my android phone is connecting to Blynk server?

Thanks
Paul

I think you’d get the “juggling balls” animation, followed by a can’t connect message if the app couldn’t see the server.

Pete.

I get the juggling balls for a second then I get the play button. But when hitting play button I immediately get red 1 Wasn’t on line yet.

If you can press the play button your app is connected to the server.

Looks more like a problem with a firewall on your PC or on your router.

IBK, thank you very much I will check it

IBK,
turned off firewall and rebooted router still get the same error. Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

@PWK
I’d try to add a serial port with softserial and add …

#define BLYNK_DEBUG
#define BLYNK_PRINT SoftSerial

… and then check the output to see what data is sent and received.

Note that you will need a seperate USB-TTL adapter and use another terminal program like termite to view the debug output.

IBK,Gunner

Thanks for the information. I did look at the termite program but is a little complicated for me. This was my first project with Blynk and it went without any issues. But in only worked for one day, when it went offline I could not get it back online or any new projects. Just seems strange to me for such a simple project. My goal was to connect with WiFi. I ordered a SparkFun WiFi Shield - ESP8266 and WiFi Module - ESP8266. Hopefully I have better luck WiFi. Thanks for your help.

Paul

IBK,Gunner

Good news! Online since 11;35 AM Aug 6. Turned off firewall and connected LAN cable from router to laptop and then I was able to get project online. Then I turned firewall back on and removed LAN cable, power cycled laptop and now PC is connected by WiFi the way it was originally and I can still get the project online. Not sure what the root cause was but just happy it works. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

I think the firewall is a red herring. If the firewall was blocking traffic on port 80 then you wouldn’t have any website access on the laptop.

Pete.

@PeteKnight
The firewall usually not only looks at ports but also grants access for certain programs.
Therefore the fact that the browser can access a webserver on port 80 does not imply that
any other program has this right as well …