Arduino + SIM800L + Location

Hello everyone!

I am mounting a project with the SIM800L. I want to get the position of the device through the GSM. To do this, the firmware had to be updated. I have already updated it to the latest version provided by the manufacturer: 1418B06SIM800L24

Now, when using the AT code to get the location by GMS, the AT+CIPGSMLOC command returns ERROR. I don’t know if I’m not using it correctly… Here I show the program that I’m using to get the information from the SIM800L module. I need to get the location to send it to blynk maps and make a location of the device.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

//Create software serial object to communicate with SIM800L
SoftwareSerial mySerial(2, 3); //SIM800L Tx & Rx is connected to Arduino #3 & #2

void setup()
{
  //Begin serial communication with Arduino and Arduino IDE (Serial Monitor)
  Serial.begin(9600);

//Begin serial communication with Arduino and SIM800L
  mySerial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Initializing...");
  delay(1000);

mySerial.println("AT"); //Once the handshake test is successful, it will back to OK
  updateSerial();
  mySerial.println("AT+CSQ"); //Signal quality test, value range is 0-31 , 31 is the best
  updateSerial();
  mySerial.println("AT+CCID"); //Read SIM information to confirm whether the SIM is plugged
  updateSerial();
  mySerial.println("AT+CREG?"); //Check whether it has registered in the network
  updateSerial();
}

void loop()
{
  updateSerial();
}

void updateSerial()
{
  delay(500);
  while (Serial.available()) 
  {
    mySerial.write(Serial.read());//Forward what Serial received to Software Serial Port
  }
  while(mySerial.available()) 
  {
    Serial.write(mySerial.read());//Forward what Software Serial received to Serial Port
  }
}
Initializing...
AT

OK
AT+CSQ

+CSQ: 22,0

OK
AT+CCID

8934903080301337137f

OK
AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,1

OK
AT+CIPGSMLOC

ERROR
AT+CGMR

Revision:1418B06SIM800L24

OK
AT+CIPGSMLOC= <type>,<cid>

ERROR
AT+CIPGSMLOC

ERROR
AT+CIPGSMLOC=1,1

+CIPGSMLOC: 601

OK
AT+CIPGSMLOC= ?

+CIPGSMLOC: (1,2),(1-3)

OK
AT+CIPGSMLOC= <type>,<cid>

ERROR
AT+CIPGSMLOC=<locationcode>

ERROR
AT+CIPGSMLOC

ERROR

How is this related to Blynk?

Pete,

I need to get the location to send it to blynk through the map option to display the position in real time in the Blynk app.

Okay, but there’s no Blynk code in your sketch at this point, and none of your questions are Blynk related.
I’d say that a SIM800 forum would probably yield better results.

Pete.