Arduino nano every + Esp8266 01 + Blynk!

I had never heard of the Nano Every, there are so many boards these days. Diego, you could look at the ESP-Link firmware, it was developed to link ESP devices to Arduino type devices. It does work but is no longer actively supported by the original author. I understand what you want to do but you are making the job much harder by not simply moving to an ESP32 which can do all you want to do in one package. Additionally the one package option would be much more reliable. On the ESP32 you can store your variables in either EEPROM, non Volatile Storage (NVS) SPIFFS or LittleFS. NVS is useful because it employs wear levelling.
IF, you really want to persist and link the Nano Every to an ESP device then look at the Arduino PJON library and its top quality documentation. That library runs on both the ESP and Arduino devices and provides a very reliable link. I have used it and it is very good,

@bobcroft

• how would you Blynk with ESP-Link? it doesn’t have a proper networking library.
  • Nano Every is an original Arduino board with ATmega4809
  • ESP32 doesn’t have EEPROM
  • OP didn’t ask about a file system
  • OP wants to use Blynk over esp8266 with AT commands. how woud PJON library help with that?

The purpose of my response was to give the OP some alternative options which may be of use in future projects, if not in this one. I firmly believe that when someone seeks help all constructive input can be helpful. Furthermore people should not be discouraged from responding for fear their suggestions may not fit in with the thoughts of others.
My reading of his posts are that he has a need for a serial linkage between his ESP and his Nano Every(I Googled that as I wasn’t aware of it) ESP-Link can provide such a linkage as can PJON.
The ESP32 DOES have EEPROM or if we are being pedantic it has ‘simulated’ EEPROM, none the less it is capable of persisting stored data over system power down / up by the methods I mentioned.
A file system can store anything, within reason, an individual wants it to store. I only mentioned the various persistent storage options to cover the fact that EEPROM wear can be an issue, although in this use case it may not be.
Where did the OP state he wanted to use AT commands?
I will add that t is not exactly clear to me what the OP is trying to achieve but I have outlined ways whereby the output from a Blynk app can be received on an ESP device and then sent to a device by serial means. I’ll concede ESP-Link would not be the best choice for that task, although it isn’t impossible.
I am no Blynk expert but in my systems I have Blynk communicating wirelessly with my ESP devices, those same ESP devices can communicate with any Arduino(or other) device that is not WiFi capable using a serial link.

@bobcroft this topic is about a specific problem which may others have too. it is compiling Blynk example for Nano Every. OP uses blynk-wifi-esp8266_shield example. it expects AT firmware in esp8266 and handles it with Blynk’s ESP8266_Lib.

The OP’s current setup is somewhat different, according to his description…

This sounds like data is being off-loaded to the Nano Every for processing, then returned to the ESP, but I suspect that this processing is actually about reading analog or digital pins on the Nano and pushing the results across serial to the ESP-01 and then to Blynk. it doesn’t sound like this is being done via AT commands, but rather using serial read/writes between the two devices.

I would agree with @bobcroft’s advice to take a step back from the problem and look at the actual requirements in terms of device capabilities (WiFi enabled, x number of analiog inputs, y number of GPIOs etc) and choose the most appropriate device for the problem.

Pete.

update Blynk to 0.6.1 and megaAVR boards package to 1.8.7.
it compiles for me