Arduino IDE not recognizing Blynk Libraries

Hello!

I am using Blynk along with the Arduino Mega2560 to make a project. I followed the instructions to download the Blynk libraries, and moved them to the libraries folder in my sketchbook, as instructed. Even so, the Arduino IDE is giving me all sorts of errors like “this does not name a type,” “Blynk was not declared in this scope,” etc. Aditionally, none of the libraries’ keywords are turning orange like they usually do. This is leading me to believe that the Arduino IDE doesn’t recognize this library. Does anybody know why this could be happening?

Two things came into my mind:

1. incorrect installation of library files. This might help:
    https://help.blynk.cc/getting-started-library-auth-token-code-examples/how-to-install-blynk-library-for-arduino
  2. Conflict with Cayenne library, which tries to be a Blynk clone. If so, you need to remove it

If none of the above, then you might want to reinstall a whole Arduino IDE, because …it IS just working :smile:

I checked and all of the libraries were in the right folders as per the instructions. I even tried reinstalling them and following the directions just in case something went wrong. I checked for a Cayenne library, and I found one and deleted it (it was for Python if that matters) but the error still showed up. Lastly, I reinstalled Arduino IDE but nothing changed. If this helps, this is the exact error:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\Arduino\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk.ino:5:25: fatal error: ESP8266_Lib.h: No such file or directory

#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Try searching your computer (and Arduino libraries folder) for the “missing” file

@CoolCreator: I could be helpful to see more details in the report.

If I’m not mistaken the compiler will give a hint where in the directory it searches for the file that he’s unable to find.

Perhaps the second part of this statement is true, but is it the right folder?? Usually it is the [libraries] folder located in the folder where projects are stored (the sketch folder)

Here is a more detailed report (I selected the verbsose output option in File > Preferences). I had a hard time formatting it, but here it is:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\Arduinoht\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_515462 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_290983 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\Arduino\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk.ino
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\ArduinoData\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\Arduinoht\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -ide-version=10805 -build-path C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_515462 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_290983 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\Arduino\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk.ino
Using board ‘mega’ from platform in folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr
Using core ‘arduino’ from platform in folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr
Detecting libraries used…
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega” “C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_515462\sketch\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk.ino.cpp” -o “nul”
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega” “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\Servo\src” “C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_515462\sketch\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk.ino.cpp” -o “nul”
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10805 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega” “-IC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\Servo\src” “C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_515462\sketch\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk.ino.cpp” -o “C:\Users\AARUSH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_515462\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp”
C:\Users\Aarush Gupta\Documents\Arduino\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk\Plant_Watering_Project_with_Blynk.ino:5:25: fatal error: ESP8266_Lib.h: No such file or directory

#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>

^

compilation terminated.

Using library Servo at version 1.1.2 in folder: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\Servo
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

I checked, and ESP2866_Lib.h does exist:

You probably installed ArduinoIDE from Windows store. I wonder if this could be the reason…(?)

Yes, I did. Does this make a difference? I can try uninstalling it and doing it directly off the Arduino website.

TBH, I don’t know! But I’ve never installed it that way,and never had similar problems. The point is, you need to know where your IDE is looking for libraries. Some idea is to use Arduino IDE library manager and check, where it stores the libraries.
I must say, I’ve never met such a problem, and I’ve been using Arduino IDE for a years: In Windows and Linux, as a installation package, as well as a portable app… you need to sort it out. It’s quite unlikely it is Blynk error (issue)…

I tried installing it again, but it forced me to go to the Windows store. When I clicked cancel when it prompted me, it just didn’t download. Can you tell me how to install without going to the Windows store?

@CoolCreator:
I’d suggest:

To keep everything - sketches, libs, preferences, additional cores like the ESP etc. - in one place
I prefer using the portable installation also on a PC.
It makes usage and backup fairly easy.

I tried doing this, but it still isn’t working. I don’t know what’s wrong,

@CoolCreator:
Try starting the IDE using arduino_debug.exe instead of arduino.exe to see if that gives a hint …

Actually I don’t know what I did, but it somehow worked! Again, I don’t really know how. Thank you for all the help!