Any blynk realtime protocol

Is there any realtime protocol that I can control the devices, dashboards of blynk cloud from any realtime api? I know we can use http api but I want to know if any event based protocol like websocket, or tls api is there.

Blynk library and BlynkEdgent is exactly what you need

Looks like @ideeps want to control his device over blynk using some other app.
You can get realtime device updates using WebHooks and update the device using External API. Hope, it solves your case.

I tried webhook. When the data change occurs it is triggering the request. I am testing this for sensor data.

Whats the limit on webhook for free?

It says Limit rate: 1 request per minute per webhook.

Is this 1 per second or minute.

What does this mean?

As per

For example, if your device will update datastream value twice within a minute - your webhook will be triggered only once.

@ideeps it really would help if you went into more detail about exactly what it is you’re trying to achieve, and the type of hardware you are using.
It would also help to know much more about the direction(s) in which you wnat data to flow between whatever hardware you are using and Blynk.
Without that you may be overlooking a far simpler solution.

Pete.

I am trying to use webhook of blynk to notify the data change.

I am using Blynk c++ library. The webhook is triggering the change event but just want to understand what is the limit?

It says 1 per minute but upon testing I am able to hit 5-10 times in about 10 seconds. Its intermediant.

I understand what you are currently doing, but that may not be the most efficient method.
I was asking for a wider overview and your preferred dataflow between systems, rather the detail of how you have tackled that issue.

Pete.

This is a documentation bug. Current limit is 10 webhook requests per one minute.

1 Like

Great! It is now updated. I was totally confused while testing!!