Amazon Echo ESP8266 control, with natural speech commands

great job. How long before WeMo/Google/Amazon works out they are being used indirectly by fake WeMo devices and closes this avenue off? (But that may prevent all the existing WeMo devices from working so they may not plug it!)

I have both but with the same name, anyhow, if I understood the debug log correctly, the fact that this messages appears means that something is sent from Alexa to esp and back. Moreover Iā€™m plenty of other devices running at 2.4 and communicating with Alexa.

Got UDP!
M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
Host: 239.255.255.250:1900
Man: ā€œssdp:discoverā€
MX: 3
ST: upnp:rootdevice

Responding search reqā€¦

@DaleSchultz While Belkin and Phillips may have an interest in locking out emulators, Amazon really doesnā€™t. Iā€™ve been using these devices for more than 2 years now without any serious problems. This doesnā€™t mean that there wonā€™t be hiccups as Amazon continues to evolve Alexa. Adapting to them is just part of the price of enjoying this hobby.

1 Like

aha! solved! with latest esp core you shall set LwIP Variant to ā€œv1.4 Higher Bandwidthā€. You can change it from the Tools menu in the Arduino IDE

ah yes, but Google may tell WeMo to clean up their act or they cant play on Googleā€¦

can I have your QR code.
Thanks

1 Like

216/5000

Good night.
I saw your sketch and Iā€™m interested in the air conditioning control.
I can compile without Sinric, because I did not find a library that worked.
Could you please give me the QR code blynk.
Thank you.

@wvdias Welcome. I havenā€™t cloned my dashboard with a QR because your needs will be different from mine. At its simplest, your Blynk dashboard could have just one Blynk button. The buttonā€™s PIN setting has to match VPIN. in the code. In the August '18 example (the most recent version), thatā€™s V1. Thatā€™s it.

Now, if you want to set up multiple devices, just give each one a new dashboard button. Each button will require a different PIN definition. Choose any unused virtual pin, and set VPIN in the code of the device to match that new pin. For Alexa integration, youā€™ll probably want each device to have its own unique name (bedroom lamp, ceiling fan, wifi router, etc.).

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Good afternoon,
chrome1000
Sorry.
Iā€™m sorry for my English, too, because I use google translator.
Iā€™m new here and Iā€™m not very good yet.
I think I sent the question to the wrong person, I was referring to a sketch of another member (Sai_Khurana).
which is controlling some relays and an air conditioner.
Actually, I do not mind the air conditioning control.
sorry and thank you

Hi there, after looking around ad doing some research, I have a quick question. Blynk handles the libraries differently for different electronics obviously. I want to somehow connect voice control to my home automated system, but it is being controlled from a raspberry pi 3b instead of a micro controller. I am curious as to whether the same process can be implemented with either electronic medium.

Thanks
Steven

Short answer: yes! Blynk can be used to control a wide variety of devices, including the Pi, and itā€™s pretty simple to implement Voice control of any Blynk project with IFTTT.

However, if youā€™re asking whether this specific Hue emulation that permits native Alexa integration could run on a Pi, the answer is no - at least not without significant modification.

You should look at running Node-Red on the Pi, along with the Blynk plug-in for Node-Red.
You can then use Alexa plug-ins for Node-Red too.

Pete.

1 Like

Hi. Can Google Find Assistant?

What???

Pete.

2 Likes

Hah hahā€¦ yes it canā€¦

https://www.google.com/search?q=Find+Assistant

Butā€¦ Can @baser clarify question?

Ooo, ooo, can I have an assistant please? Pretty please?
I promise to be nice for the rest of the day [insert ā€˜fingers crossed behind backā€™ emoji here]

Pete.

2 Likes

@PeteKnight
Hello Pete
I am Pete3 from England
You promise to be nice for the rest of the day
And I will do so.

1 Like

@Peter3 You better put your mug on the profile so we dnt get mixed up with the legend. :thinking::joy::rofl:

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::upside_down_face:

@chrome1000

Thank you for your help first.

I am using Augā€™ 18 code. The code is having option to sync the Blynk button state to the present state of a switch. Even If I turn on the switch from Alexa, the widget is getting synchronized.

However, I would like to know whether the reverse is possible or not. i.e. Turn on the switch from Blynk and Alexa button state should be automatically changed, which is not there now in Alexa App. Alexa app looks independent.

Please clarify this.

Thank you,

Dr. Jeyadheepan