Add dashboard ability to print all datastreams and associated info

Projects typically require a documentation folder to hold the as built condition for future engineers use.

It would be beneficial if we could physically print all info on the datastreams dashboard for reference.

All the best,
Dave

Please provide some example.

I hope I interpret your question correctly Dimitriy. Under Blynk Console > Datastreams is the listing of All datastreams in the project with: name, alias, pin number, data type, etc.

I would like to sort on pin number (which I can do now) and print out the entire matrix on paper. My current project has 76 data streams, and when writing the firmware and enhancing the firmware, it would be benefical to have a printed reference of them all.

If there is a way to print this matrix, or download it to an xlsx file, that I am missing, could you please point me to the procedure? If I currently do a ctrl-p command in windows 10, I can get 18 lines only.

When documenting the project, having a “master listing of datastreams” with characteristics is an item I think is essential.

Did this help?
All the best, Dave

Have you tried the GET DATA FROM WEB feature on the Microsoft excel ? Give it a try. That might solve your issue.

I don’t think @bigMoose trying to send data to Excel, I guess he’s trying to do something like this

1 Like

Yes, Thanks. IT was helpful. We’ll check what we can do.

1 Like

If you go to Templates > Template > Datastreams you can do a CTRL A to select all and CTRL C to copy (that’s in Windows, it will be different with other OS’s) then you can paste the results into Excel.

The result looks messy until you select the data you want and copy it…

Then paste it into another spreadsheet…

You can then sort, filter, highlight, add comments and print if you wish.

Pete.

4 Likes

Yes. That is why i am saying to import the table from the web for reference.

He also wants to print it. I guess you did not get the whole thing what he is trying to do

Edit:

By using pivot table one can filter out required set or data streams… If one has tons of data streams !! This will be really helpful to search and manage if we have everything sought out in a excel sheet.

1 Like

Thank you Madhukesh, Pete and Dimitriy! If you can believe it, I did not know about the Ctrl-A to select all! Doing as you recommended placed the matrix I was interested in, into excel.

My thanks to you all and the Blynk community!
All the best, Dave

2 Likes