Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would have very basic sample/demo code for connecting Adafruits nRF52 with Blynk.
I’ve been trying to figure it out for few days now but I’m missing something.
Greatly appreciated…

Possibly works like the UNO with the Adafruit Bluefruit LE

https://examples.blynk.cc/?board=Arduino%20Uno&shield=Adafruit%20Bluefruit%20LE&example=GettingStarted%2FBlynkBlink

Thanks Gunner,
what would I use for
#define BLE_REQ 10
#define BLE_RDY 2
#define BLE_RST 9
Adafruit specifically says that nRF51 code doesn’t work for nRF52.
That’s why I’m confused, I thought nRF52 would use Nordic UART for serial communication.
I guess I’m not understanding something.

Don’t forget to use the search abilities of this forum :wink: I answered similar question a few days ago… and I found my answer with Google :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Gunner,

I’m of thinking that for nRF52 we don’t need those req,rdy,rst pins. I’m trying to understand why would you recommend that as solution as I don’t see it fitting.
In the link that you provided I’m failing to understand how does that answer my question.
Please I’m just looking for same help and if I could find the answer I wouldn’t be posting here.
I already found few people that tried to get answer to this and that ended nowhere.
I see only one person mentioned it in one of the posts but no mention of how and what’s the code.
https://community.blynk.cc/search?q=nrf52
This is what I used to find my answer but nothing in those links.
I don’t need anyone to write me any code, just need example that I would be able to use blynk with Adafruits nrf52.

That’s your call :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I don’t have that board, and it does not seem a very common one used here… but my recommendation in the past seemed to help that user with same or similar board.

So aside from pointing you in a few directions with the Sketch Builder example, and links to the manufacture of that board, I guess the rest is up to you to experiment with… hopefully you don’t need me or anyone else to do all your research for you :wink:

Blynk - RE-SEAR-CH

1 Like

no problem Gunner, thank you for your help…

Here are steps for anyone that want’s to use Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832 board with Blynk.

From Adafruit nRF52 examples load “CONTROLLER” example.

Add to it following:

#include <BlynkSimpleSerialBLE.h>
#define BLYNK_USE_DIRECT_CONNECT
#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial

char auth[] = "<your auth. code>";

In your void setup()

Blynk.begin(auth,bleuart);

This is quick way to get you started and you can go from there.

Now, you can see that certain people just come here to tell you “go read manual”, " go read documentation" , “it’s been answered before” bla bla bla … o yea, it should work just like “UNO” which is not true…
I would suggest that if you don’t know how something works, don’t assume and with that give people wrong directions. It’s not helping anyone but putting them behind even further. They are here because they are already struggling and you are just pushing them further down.
Have I listened to suggestions about setting up Pins etc, etc… I wouldn’t have found solution.
Where in the links suggested to me shows above code is beyond me.
Anyway, I’m off to learn creating android apps…

Thank you for your contribution… hopefully it will help the next person with this particular board.

As for the rest of your critique… I often answer the way I do on purpose :wink:

Had I not at least tried to assist… even if only by pushing you in a direction to do your own research, since you have the board, and apparently not to many others do :wink: … then you would probably still be at post #1 listening to the :cricket::cricket::cricket:

So, you are welcome :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi slobodan,

What device did you choose in blynk?

thanks,

Chris

replying to my own post to keep everyone updated, It works with the generic device being selected. It just look me a little while to figure out how to do the connection. But I can confirm following through what slobodan says will get you there eventually!

Hi,

I am new to Blynk and I wanted to connect my Adafruit nrf52832 Bluefruit via the bluetooth widget in the App. I tried the code above, but I am not able to connect.
In the serial monitor it is only shown " [number] Connecting…".
Which device do I have to choose in the app?
Can somebody help my out?

Thanks

1 Like