Activate relay with telephone call?

Is it possible to setup a relay so that when a Cell / mobile call is made to a certain number to activate the relay?

Is it possible to do this with a cloud based service? I needed to provide a delivery driver with access to my property and I’m comfortable with the hard wiring etc but don’t know exactly where to start with the programming.

I’ve had a look online on various sites but keep getting led astray.

Could someone perhaps confirm if this is possible and if so point me to a good resource to help me get the programming done?

What role will Blynk play in this process?

Pete.

1 Like

My intention is to have a simple button to activate relay. I’m wondering if there’s a blynk function or another function that works with the blynk button I will setup that could also activate the relay…by dialling a number.

If you’re using Android then you could look at Tasker or similar apps.

Pete.

1 Like

Tasker!.. Yes, that was the App I was trying to recall the name of… @Amsok basicly you need to find a 3rd party way of determining the required situation…

… then sending an appropriate value, via API (and read by Blynk’s API), to your Blynk project.

But the finding/learning the hows and wheres of that 3rd party task is a bit outside of this forum.

Thanks for the tip - any ideas best forum to get advice on that subject?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+tasker+app&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA814CA814&oq=How+to+use+tasker+app

Thinking about this a bit more, how practical is if to have the gate to your property unlock every time someone calls your number?

Pete.

1 Like

I suspect he might be referring to action when a specific number calls his “control phone/tablet” (some have a sim card)…the one running the Blynk App.

Else… yes, relays going off all the time from spam calls :rofl:

No, I mean a separate number not mine.

Well if it’s not your number that’s being called then I don’t see how this would be possible.

Pete.

Seems that the minimal learning curve with the Blynk push button would be easier that learning another app. Just saying… for this application you just need

1 In the sketch generator
a. Select your hardware
b. Input your network credentials
c. Input your Blynk code that gets emailed to you when you set up the device

2 In the app
a. Added a new device (i.e. Nodemcu)
b. Add a button to the app
c. Edit the button to the digital pin your relay is plugged to
d. Start playing and adding… and … maybe asking @PeteKnight to help you develop :shushing_face:

Blynk can do the relay and even notifying you of the action etc… but for Blynk to get the go-ahead based on someone calling a number to some device/service… well that is a totally different system. Google more for that.

Or come up with another option like entering a code on a keypad… one connected to a Blynkified MCU, and let it do all work in one IoT package.

The “learn programming” part is all up to you to figure out… read, read, and read more; experiment lots and lots; take a course; pay for someone else to do it (there are websites for that out there); etc…

2 Likes