Accessing Projects on Dead Local Server

Hello,

I was running a local server on a Raspberry Pi but my SD card got corrupted. I’m wondering how to access my projects to move them to the Blynk server while I get my Raspberry Pi up and running again. Given I can’t login to my local server, can I still get to my projects? Or delete them to recover my energy?

Thanks,

Bruno

Why would you bother recovering energy on a local server ?

I wasn’t very clear - or I’m really confused (or both!).

I’ve purchased about $30 of additional Blynk widget energy to build project interfaces on my phone (both on the Blynk Server and the local one). Now I can’t login to the Blynk app on my phone using the (dead) local server, so I can’t get to my project interfaces that used this local server to move them or delete them to recover my widget energy. Or am I missing something…

Cheers,

Bruno

Local server is fully under your responsibility and it is not connected with Blynk Cloud in any way. That’s the point of local server. Fully independence. So in case you didn’t make any backup we can’t do anything here. Sorry.

Cloud server and Local server ar completely isolated. Energy purchase is only required for the Cloud Server (it costs them $$ to run it)

Local Server is yours to manage, including allocating energy (via admin page). If you did purchase energy using your local server account, then you effectively donated to Blynk (I did the same thing myself, twice ;), before realising - which is not a bad thing, as it still helps toward new features and support).

Check the hardware that you installed your Local Server on… look for the file named with your account email and .Blynk.user, it should be the one containing your projects. Copy that and reinstall your server, re-set your account (using same info) and paste your copied file back in. I think that should work.

Ha! That’s funny. So yes, I did donate to Blynk. Great work guys, I’m happy to support this awesome platform! :slight_smile:

So, just to be clear:

1. my interfaces reside solely on the server, not on my iPhone. When my server died, the Blynk app offered me to work offline (or something like that) and I seem to recall that I was able to flip through my projects. I then logged out - not too smart in retrospect.

2. I’m still confused about the Local vs cloud server with respect to energy. If I purchased energy using the app, I’m quite sure it was available (and used) for both my local server and cloud server projects. Or do they have separate energy accounts - which I think this is what you are saying (I’d check myself, but my server is down!).

Cheers,

Bruno

Correct.

You can restore your tokens from emails if that critical.

Also make often backups from the projects with qrcode to recover the projects in case of corruption.
And make sdcard flash backups.