About connecting nodeMCU with arduino uno

Hai,
I am new to the blynk community. I need to know that, can i read the analog values from the arduino uno analog pins and display through blynk app? What are the thing to be done for that ?

You can use virtual pins.

Read this

and this

You need a way to connect the Uno to the internet - either an Ethernet card, ESP8266 as an AT modem, or serial connection via a computer.
Neither of these approaches are very satisfactory, so you’d be far better choosing a board that has built-in IoT connectivity such as an ESP32.

Sending analog readings, digital readings or readings from sensors arranged to the board is very simply via the Blynk.virtualWrite command.

Pete.

1 Like

I need to read 6 analog from the Arduino uno 3 potentiometer, 2 temperature sensor and 1 current sensor. But how i sent these datas to blynk app ? Do i need to use wifi modules like esp 32 , nodeMCU. Like that ? Or what are the other methods to overcome this scenario.

It doesn’t make much sense to use analog sensors for current or temperature sensing, but if that’s what you want to do then it can be done with an ESP32, which has 8 analog inputs that can be used in this scenario.
No need for the Uno at all if you go down that route.

Pete.

I already write the code for the Arduino undo, if i use the esp 32 i need to change the entire calculation and all. That’s why i asked , can i connect the arduino with any wifi moduel and can displayed the values through blynk. If i use the esp32 i need to calculate the values with 4095. If i use the one it is very difficult for me to show the values through blynk

You can connect to blynk using ESP8266 as arduino wifi shield, like this one

but the esp32 is the most recommended way.

If you go down the Uno + ESP-01 module route then you will wish that you’d taken the easier and cheaper option of using an ESP32 before you’re even half way through the process.

There is a reason why the Sketch Builder examples for this hardware combination say:

WARNING!
It’s very tricky to get it working. Please read this article:
https://docs.blynk.io/en/legacy-platform/legacy-articles/esp8266-with-at-firmware

It’s actually very easy to change the ESP32’s ADC to 10 bit resolution (0-1023) from the default 12 bit resolution. But, it seems that you’re not interested in advice from people who have been through the pain that you are about to encounter and have learned the hard way that the Uno/ESP-01 combination belongs in the bin.

Pete.

1 Like