A different way to activate the access point

I formatted the posted code. Is that what you’re talking about? Enclose in 3 quotation marks (```)?

They aren’t quotation marks, they are backticks.
The formatting is okay now.

Pete.

Can you help me with this? Should I remove the library and install the blynk wifimananger library?

What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve, and why?

Your comment about…

makes no sense to me.

Pete.

What I hope is to make a firmware that has the blynk token and that I can select the network and password if necessary. (no need to recompile the code again).

You’ll need to recompile the code if the token needs to be changed.

Why don’t you just use Blynk 2.0 WiFi provisioning?

Pete.

The token will not be changed. What I want is to change the ssid and password at runtime. The code I posted does this, but it’s giving an error in the wifimanager library.

How do you know that?
It’s sometimes necessary to refresh the auth token in Blynk 0.1, and it may be necessary in Blynk 2.0 also.

Pete.

It’s okay if I have to change the token. No problem, if you need I recompile. I have a machine that connects here at the company. When I bring it to the client I want to edit the network information without needing to recompile.

Which version of Blynk are you using, and what type of subscription plan do you have?

Pete.

I’m using version 2.27.29.
I don’t have a monthly plan, I buy resources when I need them.

So you’re using Blynk 0.1, which will be retired in around 6 months time.

Using Blynk for commercial purposes is illegal without a subscription plan…

Commercial Use

Any of Blynk Products CAN NOT BE USED for any commercial purposes, including, but not limited to selling products and providing services which for any fare, fee, rate, charge or other consideration, or directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit or used for monetary gains or beneficial to a commercial entity.

The only legal way to use Blynk products and services for commercial purposes is to sign up for a paid licensing subscription plan listed here: https://blynk.io/plans

Pete.

Who will buy the blynk is the customer who will buy the machine. I’m just going to market the hardware.

And how will that customer input their auth token, that relates to their account?

Isn’t the customer going to be disappointed when their device stops working in 6 months time?
Isn’t the customer going to be surprised when new registrations for Blynk cloud accounts are no longer available, and when they discover that they can’t buy energy, and that they can’t sign-up to a legal plan which will work with Blynk 0.1 ??

Pete.

Smell an alternative for me.

I think something was lost in translation there!

Pete.

If I purchase a plus version, can I transfer the token to the client and he then chooses the best configuration for his case?

You need to read some of the topics like this, and some of the help files linked in those topics…

https://community.blynk.cc/t/blynk-2-0-esp8266-home-automation/54299/8?u=peteknight

Pete.

I’m closing this topic, as it relates to attempts to use the old version of Blynk illegally.

If you have any questions about provisioning, organisations, users and device management under Blynk 2.0 then I’d suggest that you start a new topic.

Pete.