Trouble Porting Blynk library to Mongoose os

Hi All ,
I am trying to port Blynk library to Mongoose os . Currently facing some problem after provisioning from Blynk mobile app.

so What I have done so far,

1. I am able to connect to blynk console with static token and able to get data from blynk console dash board.
  2. Make code compatible with Blynk app provisioning and able to get wifi credential and token.

The part where I am facing problem ,

1. After obtaining token from app when I am trying to connect to blynk console , it is connecting to console but when trying to send BLYNK_CMD_INTERNAL with board information and meta information , I am receiving BLYNK_NO_ACTIVE_DASHBOARD .

So , are there some specific sequence after obtaining wifi credential and token from app?
and which order is should be sent ?

Hi @nerdyhacker, i think you should wait a week or two, and enjoy our new way of connecting devices to the cloud (via MQTT):

WDYT?

1 Like

Hi @vshymanskyy ,Just went the documentation and it seems super cool :slightly_smiling_face:

Just a question out of curiosity , the earlier blynk protcol will be deprecated or co-exist with mqtt?

Thanks .

Looks interesting!

Pete.

1 Like

No plans to deprecate Blynk protocol, why?
Blynk Protocol is superior to MQTT :grinning:

3 Likes

Don’t throw away your provisioning-related code, this will be needed anyway, as MQTT has nothing to do with provisioning.

Out of curiosity, what is your hardware setup/chipset?

I was thinking about the possible changes in steps for connecting to the blynk console after obtaining credential from app.

Currently I am using ESP32 with Mongoose os.

Thanks.

Hi @vshymanskyy ,

In the context of my original question, I saw there is no problem at all sending board info and Meta information while using static token .
Also all the info are updating in blynk console dashboard.

Am I missing some timing related stuffs while using app generated token?

I think you need to send a proper info message (including fields like Template ID) upon first connection to the cloud. I’m referring to this: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/blob/18819b36c1734119b55a0163d6d56d2595ba1a7c/src/BlynkApiArduino.h#L19