Server-0.23.5.jar not starting

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: File does not contain valid private key: .\server_embedded.pem

is there a new server version?

Did you try what @Dmitriy said? Run it without the certs. If that works, you can go on to generating certificates. On Windows you may need to enter the full path and use different \ or / because the file system works differently from LInux.

From the image that i can see, you have labelled your server file-name wrong. last server 0.23.3 was with .jar extension. 0.23.5 is with “.joe” extension. First try changing the file name.

@shivasiddharth @wbadry

yes, I named it like this so it is not detected by my StartBlynkServer.cmd to use ver 0.23.3 last working server for me

use the latest server file from server.properties right click save as and remove the .txt extension

I guess you downloaded that server.properties file from my youtube video. Thanks for this post, I have now updated the server.properties file there also.

You need to have : 

server.ssl.cert=
server.ssl.key=
server.ssl.key.pass=

What is this?

@Dmitriy should that not be a forward slash (/) instead of back slash () ??

Can you please explain? Just sharing replies conveys nothing!

i downloaded your server properties file from youtube
https://mega.nz/#!b1hWlbIS!ykZZV6acaORTMVB0Ox67iBAkH4ymjg3E_GWeBFpPqZE

your ssl certificate is not blank

#by default server uses embedded in jar cert to simplify local server installation.
#WARNNING DO NOT USE THIS CERTIFICATES ON PRODUCTION OR IN WHERE ENVIRNOMENTS REAL SECURITY REQUIRED.
#provide either full path to files either use '.' for specifying current directory. For instance "./myfile.crt"
server.ssl.cert=./server_embedded.crt
server.ssl.key=./server_embedded.pem
server.ssl.key.pass=

mine also, so what is wrong here?

did you use server-0.23.5.jar ?

I just updated to 0.23.5 and use my generated certificates (from when I did original install) and everything is working fine.

If I understand what @Dmitriy is suggesting… try removing your cert references from your server.properties file so that it looks like this:

server.ssl.cert=
server.ssl.key=
server.ssl.key.pass=

Then give that a try.

If that works, then you can try regenerating your certs and re-reference them… or just leave it as is unless you are in a production or high risk security environment.

0.23.5 is working fine in orangepi, raspberrypi and windows… I tested it on all platforms wherever i can with certs and without certs

No issues with 0.23.5 on my Synology Docker repo

I thank you all for your help.

here what i did, I deleted all old server certificates and used the new ones fron here.

Generate own SSL certificates
Generate self-signed certificate and key
openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 1825 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout server.key -out server.crt
Convert server.key to PKCS#8 private key file in PEM format
openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -inform PEM -outform PEM -in server.key -out server.pem

server.ssl.cert=./server_embedded.crt
server.ssl.key=./server_embedded.pem
server.ssl.key.pass=

is now

server.ssl.cert=./server.crt
server.ssl.key=./server.key
server.ssl.key.pass=

Blynk Server 0.23.5 successfully started.
All server output is stored in folder 'C:\My_Server\.\logs' file.