Many smartphones accessing a single ESP8266

Hello developers Blynk

I have an application where many smartphones can access a single ESP8266. I would like some answers or suggestions:

1. How can I generate a notification regarding the smartphone that accessed and modified the state of ESP8266?

2. Is there a maximum number of smartphones to share the same Blynk project?

Thank you!

Hello.

At the moment no way to do that via Blynk. You can only hardcode some logic on ESP.

No.

@hernani.galindo could be as simple as Smartphone user enters a code before any of the project widgets function. Each user has a different code etc. Straightforward providing you donā€™t have thousands of users accessing the ESP.

I canā€™t actually think of anything more technical than this as the Smartphone MAC etc is not linked to the Blynk project in any way.

@Costas have you implement this?
If yes, could you discover us the related code / sketch ?
Thanks

The project is for a residential condominium.
Will be around 90 connected phones, but not all at once.

Iā€™m still refining the code, so can I post here.

Yes @mikekgr I did implement something of this kind in one of my sketches, if only I could remember which one :grinning:

Iā€™ll give you the basics from memory:

Terminal String entered (32 characters like a Blynk token).

IF statement checking the ā€œtokenā€ against a list of tokens in the sketch.

Set bool ā€˜authorisedā€™ to true if found and left as false if not found.

Each widget checks to see if bool authorised is true so:

BLYNK_WRITE(V0)  // button
{
  if(authorised == true){    // or skip == true if you prefer
    int btnV0 = param.asInt();
    if(btnV0 == 1){
      // do something
    }   
  }
}

ok I understood very clear.
I thought that you have implemented various levels of access grading depended of the supplied code. Anyway, thanks for the idea.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

No but that could be done just as easily, the tokens would be in groups say numbered 1 to 5 (1 no access to anything and 5 full access) then each widget checks your group number to see if you are authorised to use the widget.

1 Like

if you wish.

Yes I can! Iā€™m still writing the code.
How could I do this check tokens? How would the syntax?

@hernani.galindo does the following make sense to you?

bool appunlocked = false;  

BLYNK_WRITE(V0)  // Terminal
{
  String fromTerminal = param.asStr();
  if((fromTerminal == "xxxxxx9b1aba4279b1c7ddfeda8faae0") || (fromTerminal == "xxxxxx79eb84bcd8f2f9701aee5b9de") || (fromTerminal == "xxxxxx309ab44825b8f0c6da8f2bf4c0") || (fromTerminal == "xxxxxx59707f4766b4f85787bb84608a") || (fromTerminal == "xxxxxxedc64446d6a714a98d9e0751d6") || (fromTerminal == "xxxxxx23f7fb44cfb859c7a688070306")){ 
    appunlocked = true;
  }
  // repeat similar IF statements for more tokens or consider using Switch Case
}

BLYNK_WRITE(V0)  // button
{
  if(appunlocked == true){    // or skip == true if you prefer
    int btnV0 = param.asInt();
    if(btnV0 == 1){
      // do something
    }   
  }
}

Interesting!

You pre registered these tokens on your actuator device for comparison?
Because, generally, the configuration is similar to that:

AUTH char [] = ā€œdx72xdd4xe6x42xfadx182xbax14cf4eā€;
ssid char [] = ā€œabcdefā€; //Network
char pass [] = ā€œ12345678ā€; //Password

Can you elaborate on what the function of the single ESP will be doing for 90 people that need to have personalised experiences?

I would recommend switching to Blynk business solution. Sounds like itā€™s not a hobbyist project with 90 users

The demand is for control of a motor responsible for exhaust smoke from the grills of several apartments.
There are 4 buildings with 90 apartments each.
I do not know if I can do with Blynk and cost $99 per month is high.

Yes, Blynk can definitely solve it.
We are happy to provide you with a free trial period and if you like it, we can discuss next steps. If Blynk is saving your dev time and gives you an opportunity to build connected services fast and easy, there is a price for it.

How many motors are there per building?

Hello Pavel,

There will be four buildings with ten engines each. Iā€™m still not a company in this business, thatā€™s what I intend to do in the coming years, it is a very promising market. Although I already have other demands, the monthly cost is still expensive for me.

Thanks for your interest!

I think that you can build a business with it and Blynk in 3 monthsā€¦
The whole system can be built in ~2-3 weeks, tested in next month. And then become a service you can charge your customers for.

I would spend the first month evaluating the business model and deciding if people are willing to pay. Is it scalable and demanded.

Hi Pavel,
Yes! I have interest in blynk.
For now Iā€™m closing the system architecture. This architecture has to pass a vote of the residents.
Please can you explain how the Blynk business? The Blynk customizes the idea and tests? It is?
Thank you :)!