[SOLVED] Is Blynk server offline? What about firefighter guy?

Yep, cool … I knew this day would come sooner or later…

Well thanks guys for confirming that I am not the only one, I can stop punishing my phone now

i reset the router like 4 times before i got to thinking it must be the Blynk…

It’s not really hard. All you need is a computer to run a piece of Java software. It’s fairly well documented. You can run it on a low cost thing like a Raspberry Pi.

2 Likes

me too same
my blynk is offline :disappointed_relieved:

Running Blynk on local server and also making it available on the internet… Are there step by step instructions to make this work?

To get the server up and running, yes, it’s in the Blynk documentation. Port forwarding on your router is something which depends on the router you have how to set it up, but I’d be happy to give some general guidelines.

Thanks @Lichtsignaal I’ll have to get to the router page then. Will do that once I’m back from work…

Glad to see some other reports! I was debugging an Arduino Yun sketch and had just worked out all the Blynk connection/sync issues, then everything went dark. Feel a little better knowing it’s not just me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ripped off my shirt and started screaming at my phone: “You want some of this you little Bitch, you want some?!”

1 Like

Hi everybody. Unfortunately our host provider started servers maintenance without any notification for us. We are working and trying to fix the problem ASAP. Sorry for inconveniences.

1 Like

Thanks for the update :wink:

Please stop this, I’m almost wetting my pants :joy:

I can replace firefighter guy soon with my tears of laughing soon enough …

1 Like

For those of you who hadnt seen firefighter guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5l0-5oNOuQ

Now picture him staring at his phone, a burning house and a pool of his own tears (along with Lichtsignaal’s)

(dont worry, he had manual controls too)

If it’s something you’re considering, I can help you guys migrate to the AWS clouds. Might help remove the inept ISPs from the equation.

PS. I’m honestly offering, let me know and I can give you some background.

Blynk server login is not responding from Denmark ether. I tryed from several connections/isp’s. They must have server or network issues. Trace and ping to ther servers 64.233.167.108, 74.125.206.109 etc is responding, so im guessing that it’s a server/db issue. It seam that Blynk app is connecting on port tcp/993.

Is there really no maintenance / operational status site anywhere on Blynk??

Cheers,
Frank

Thank god, there’s no telling what kind of damage that thing could do to Smurf Village if it went haywire with the Blynk servers offline.

1 Like

Eeep. Yeah, I was supposed to show a mockup to a client this morning, not fun.

That’s why you should have a local Pi for that with a Wifi stick as accesspoint to connect your phone to. That way only a power outage can spoil the fun :slight_smile:

Cloud services are very cool and handy, until they fail :wink:

-edit

Or of course run the local server on your laptop, that works pretty neat to :slight_smile:

1 Like

can i use a Synology NAS for the server?