ESP8266 HVAC control

Can you just help me how to add button for 30min manual run? What exactly should I include into code and where?

use a simpleTimer ā€œtimeoutā€

I know but I do not know how to make it work in this project. I can not even add simple button that would do the same as first option in ā€œSettingsā€ mode (to trigger propper port and to have working indicator led)

Are you saying that a dashboard that has been cloned by QR code canā€™t be modified? If thatā€™s the case, just modify the existing manual setting in the code to time out. No additional buttons necessary.

You could also copy my dashboard by hand to a new dashboard, and add your own custom buttons.

I am using your project (really thank you for great work) and I am using also your dashboard, just I have modified according to my wishes.

Now I would like to have also real button for manual mode (with 30min auto off), not only as item in settings, but honestly I do not know how to do it in a way that everything will work the same way

Excellent project all up and running except the ā€œHomeā€ and ā€œAwayā€ IFTTT , I cant get it to work can anyone help thanks

I have now fixed the problem i replaced blynk.com/8080/ with ip address instead all working thanks

1 Like

how convert dht fahrenheit to celcius in this code?

@Jean_Masse ask Google.

1 Like

I think you just change the line

float ReadF = dht.readTemperature(true);

to

float ReadF = dht.readTemperature();
1 Like

If the above solution doesnā€™t work, you might have to revert to math :scream: I do not like math, or is it math doesnā€™t like me?

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=72127.0

Hi there Everyone!!

First i wanna say, your code is awesome @chrome1000 It help me a lot. Im new in this.

I was wondering how can i get counts of how many times the ā€œFanā€ is ON. The code function in frequency, soo if a put a counter when the ā€œFANā€ gets ā€œONā€ it will count all the time cycle begins.

Thanks from Panama!!

int Counter = 0; 

if (HumAct < HumDes){
      digitalWrite(RelayPin,LOW);
      Counter++;
      }

else if (HumAct >= (HumDes)) {
    digitalWrite(RelayPin,HIGH);

}

Just to pitch in, this is how Iā€™m doing it:

void totalRuntime()
{
  if (digitalRead(blowerPin) == LOW) // If fan is running...
  {
    ++currentCycleSec;               // accumulate the running time, however...
    currentCycleMin = (currentCycleSec / 60);
  }
  else if (digitalRead(blowerPin) == HIGH && currentCycleSec > 0) // if fan is off but recorded some runtime...
  {
    Blynk.virtualWrite(110, ++hvacTodaysStartCount);              // Stores how many times the unit has started today... adds one start.

currentCycleSec = 0;                                          // Reset the current cycle clock
    currentCycleMin = 0;
  }
}

totalRuntime is something that I have running every second. As you can see, this solution is intertwined with recording a current fan cycle runtimeā€¦ something you may or may not be interested in! I reset all these values at midnight.

A post was merged into an existing topic: WIFI temperature level control with set point and hysteresis, DHT22 and relay on/off

When I first posted this project, it occurred to me that my particular 2-pipe HVAC system was pretty specific, and I wondered how it might to adapt it to other systems (e.g. forced air or radiant). Is anyone using it for another type of heating / cooling system, and if so, what changes were necessary to make for it to work?

I am using it for auxilary heater in my camping car. The only modifications I have made is visual appearance on blynk control pannel :wink:

1 Like

@structure7 thanks for the support!!.

@chrome1000 IĀ“m using for control humidity for mushroom! thanks for the contribution and support. I will post it soon here,

1 Like

I am using it in my camper to controll Webasto heater and the first idea was to use gsm module (actually I have attached it, but never managed to properly configure it) Since I am not using it every day, i just put a spare android phone in my camper with turned on a mobile hotspot and use normal wemos wifi solution.

But most used scenario. I am laying on my bed in a camper and I am too lazy to adjust the thermostat. I just create a mobile hot spot on the phone I am using, wemos automatically connects to it and then I just adjust the temperature.

I tweaked the code to work with a DS18B20 1-wire sensor and am using it to control a fermentation fridge.

Thanks for the great code

What more noble cause could there be than bringing more beer to the world? :beers: