Can't logon to local server with iOS APP

@Dmitriy when using an iPhone does the java server create .user files like the Android app or do they have a different name?

@modicon1 I am starting worry that your dataset has been lost but I could be wrong.

@modicon1 looking at your directory structure again you should also try the following with the jar file in C:\Blynk directory:

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder /Blynk/data

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder C:\Blynk\data

The .usr files are critical as they have all the project details, if they don’t exist on your system and if iOS use the same format as Android you have a problem.

@modicon1 I created this batch to make it easier to run the local server without having to write the full path of server jar file. Also to get you the server IP address if you are connected via single network card.

Have you tried using admin page of your server to check if your user credentials exist?

If you can’t reach your admin page, edit “hosts” file in your system directory

@wbadry I was thinking about the admin page but if @modicon1 isn’t running “the same Server” as he was originally he wouldn’t see the correct user details, would he?

I tried loading the admin dashboard after modifying the host file and got no data back.

No. Same name.

If @modicon1 can’t find u_username.user file - well, most probably server was running with non existing data folder or with temp data folder. And OS could clean temp folder when necessary. In that case your account and data will be lost.

@Costas server versioning won’t change user credentials if \path\data are placed in same place. I migrated yesterday to latest version of server version without affecting my dashboards or users.

@wbadry it isn’t \path\data as it is all coded in unix path format so it would be /path/data.
That is why some Blynkers are unable to find their credentials.

So for others reading this if I want to use the test directory on a Windows machine in
C:\BlynkServer\Win81Test\ @wbadry’s batch file would include the following line:

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder /BlynkServer/Win81Test/test

Where the version of -0.17.2 needs updating as each server version is released.

As some users aren’t creating server.properties, mail.properties, simply double clicking the jar file and not entering the correct data path in your file they are coming unstuck.

Tested all this, created user and project etc.

One last question @Dmitriy any idea what the following means when we call the jar file?

2016-09-01 00:48:05,484 main ERROR File contains an invalid element or attribute
 "filePattern"
2016-09-01 00:48:05,489 main ERROR appender File has no parameter that matches element Policies

@Costas This error fixed already. It has no affect on server work, please ignore it for now.

1 Like

@Dmitriy I was going to say it doesn’t seem to cause any problems and the server runs just fine.

@modicon1 hope all this helps moving forward but unless you find at least one *.user file you need to start again.

Thanks Costas. I moved everything out of the \Blynk\server folders except for the jar file and the batch. I then stopped the server and executed the batch. I also registered a new account with my iOS app using the same email and password.

I then checked the installation and found a “logs” and “static” folder had been created under the "server " folder and a .user file had been created in a “path” folder on the root.

I’m not sure why it created the “path” folder in the C:\ root.

@modicon1 path in root comes from this line in @wbadry’s batch file:

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder /path

Are you still using the batch file and if you are you need to enter a path not the word path?

For you I would change that line in the batch file to:

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder /Blynk/server/data or change the word data to whatever you like and it will be created when you run the batch file as Administrator.

That makes sense. I thought the “/path” was a variable picking up the path set with “/D %~dp0” but I guess in this case it is literal.

Anyway, Thank-you to @wbadry and @Dmitriy for contributing to the attempted resolution of my problem and a special thanks to @Costas for all the time you spent.

Too bad it wasn’t successful, but at least I learned a lot. I guess we will never know what happened to the illusive .user file, although I believe @Dmitriy has the most like theory on that.

Cheers everyone and thanks again.