Can't logon to local server with iOS APP

I searched using u_[emailaddress].user but got nothing. Also got nothing searching for Data.

I tried copying the whole \logs folder from the download folder to the \Blynk\Server folder but I need to stop and restart the server. How can I do that.

Use Task Manager to stop the new, ā€œbadā€, server.

I wouldnā€™t recommend you copy anything at this stage though because if you copy the wrong stuff you could lose your original dataset.

I made a backup of the whole \logs folder so I can go back to square one if need be.

I donā€™t understand your statement on stopping the new ā€œbadā€ server. The server doesnā€™t show up in task manager because itā€™s a java application.

I noticed in your OP you mentioned 0.17.0 but that the batch file referred to 0.17.2.

Do you remember which version you were running before the last upgrade i.e. the jar you used to double click?

Can you try this wildcard search:

server-0*.jar

Iā€™m running 0.17.2 now. When I started this post I was running 0.17.0 but I thought maybe there might be a fix in 0.17.2 so I updated.

I donā€™t remember what the original version was but I think it was 0.12.4 because thatā€™s the one I have in my downloads folder.

After the 1st install I just copied newer versions right into my \Blynk\Server folder and double-clicked (until I found the batch that Dmitriy wrote).

I am a Windows user (8.1) but donā€™t normally run the Blynk server on my Windows machine.
Just tested and for 8.1 there is a process created in task manager for me to kill. See if it is still there in Windows 10.

What is the process name in Win8.1?

Javaā„¢ Platform SE Binary (32 bit).

@modicon1 might be worth you reading this thread [SOLVED] Lost project after creating certifcates to see if it helps you locate your dataset.

Thanks Costas. Iā€™m checking out the link and will get back to you.

The poster dmorph1 appears to have a different file structure than the one created on my PC. Do you know where I can find the server.properties file?

@modicon1 the server.properties and mail.properties file SHOULD be in the same directory as the jar file.

I believe it will run without them but it will use the default settings and mail will not be available etc.

Just to add YOU create these two files manually, if you havenā€™t created them they donā€™t exist.

Youā€™re right. I donā€™t have the and I didnā€™t create them.

Just to clarifyā€¦ Iā€™m looking for a file named me@email.ca.user? (Where me@email.ca is my email address)

I have found a me@email.ca.log in a couple of places but no me@email.ca.user

I also found a folder named me@email.ca and in that folder I found a bunch of .csv.gz files

I finding many inconsistencies and am becoming somewhat confused.

Once again thank-you so much for sticking with me while I sleuth this out.

I noticed .ca in the image of your directory structure and it is not something I have.
I am guessing iOS stores them as slightly different names than the Android app I am using.

You also mentioned bin files.
I have bin files historyxxxxx.bin within the dataset and also csv files but again I donā€™t know if iOS creates csv files.

Have you used the system and updated the server on a regular basis as some files didnā€™t exist in older versions.

I think for iOS you may have tracked down the dataset where the me@email.ca and .csv.gz files are.

Can you give me the path to these files and Iā€™ll try to tell you how to call the correct dataset with the latest version of the server.

.ca is a Canadian URL extension on my email address the same as .com,.net etc.

The path to the csv.gz files is;

C:\Blynk\Server\data\me@email.ca(csv.gz files)

The me@email.ca folder is my email address that I registered the app under.

How stupid of me with the .ca

Back shortly.

Not Stupidā€¦ Sometimes itā€™s hard to decipher the gibberish I write down :grin:

Ok so in C:\Blynk\Server you need to have the latest jar file

Ideally also mail.properties and server.properties but you could create them later.

Copy ALL the C:\Blynk\Server directory for safe keeping in case we mess up.

At a command prompt, in the C:\Blynk\Server directory, try some of these variations until you can login without setting up a new account on your iPhone.:

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder /Blynk/Server/data (is the format indicated for Windows bat file in the guidance notes and confirmed in the batch file you posted that I have previously seen posted by @wbadry )

java -jar server-0.17.2.jar -dataFolder C:\Blynk\Server\data (this is what I would expect for Windows but Blynk may have coded around this to give everyone the same command prompt)

Let me know if either of the commands above get you in and if they donā€™t you could try double clicking the jar file as long as it is in C:\Blynk\Server not C:\Blynk\Server\data.

No luck with any of these.

Do you think the problem stems from the lack of a ā€œme@email.ca.userā€ file? I have done exhaustive searches and have not been able to find such a file.