Blynk For ESP8266 Basic

Wondered if it would be possible to use Blynk for an ESP8266 project programmed with ESP8266 Basic?

If so, what would this require?

Well, instead of posting it here you could have googled it. Anyway, you are welcomed.

Just get your esp8266, if it is Amica NodeMCU 1.0 it will be much better for any starter.
You will get better step by step instructions in Instructables website. Below is just two of them. For better learning check out youtube videos.

1 Like

If it uses Basic programming language, and you want to use that - you’ll have to implement (in Basic) either HTTP API, or TCP Client connection to the Blynk Server.

Unfortunately the two examples above both use the Arduino IDE and Blynk library.h
ESP8266 BASIC does not use or require the Arduino IDE and can therefore not use the Blynk library.

ESP8266 BASIC is flashed directly onto a blank ESP8266 and runs as a standalone system inside the ESP8266 (then being easily programmed over WiFi through a web browser without the need for a physical connection to a PC).

Although ESP8266 BASIC lets you make/build/design your own web enabled gui interfaces, I would prefer to use an (Android) app to control it rather than going to a web page. I could use the MIT app inventor to build an app, but I prefer the look and feel of Blynk (and with Blynk everything is set up ready to go)… but I would need to find a way to integrate Blynk into ESP8266 BASIC somehow.

I will look into the HTTP API and see if I can find a way to implement it that way

@vshymanskyy: You are correct, I assumed Boxey as a starter and need something to start in easiest way as possible; since it is posted here, I assumed Boxey might want to use Blynk server and all at same time.

Instructables is one of the great site where you might get exactly how you want it as many others might have already did it how you want to do it.

Thanks

You will face the same situation as with Blynk, and even worse :wink:
Jsut use HTTP api, or implement a proper client - but i would not recommend using ESP with Basic at all.

Google ArduinoOTA to do this.