Z index for widgets

Hi,

it would be great to have the possibility to superimpose widgets and to have a Z index property to put a widget on top/bottom to show/hide it

for example :

blynk.setproperty(V0, ‘zindex’, 2)

thanks a lot

Bruno

Hello. All widgets on mobile and web supports show/hide and enable/disable via setProperty. Also, you may consider using Pages to hide/show the sections of the UI.

Hi Dmitriy, thank you for your answer,
yes but the main the main idea of the z index is to allow to stack widgets a the same place to pop or push one onto the others
for example : a button will replace a LED, then turn into a label…

Yes, I know, however this is exactly why Pages were done - you can make a dynamic content/view base on it. for exmaple, you can decide what page view to show with setProperty.

Yes I know Pages and it is a great feature
but to be more specific can you please consider this panel :

on each line under the terminal there is a LED, an icon and a button
in this application icon and button never show at the same time
panel could be much more compact if icon and button could be stacked
using Pages to hide/show icon/button would need to prepare as many pages as there are combinations, in this case 8 lines it would mean 2^8 = 256 pages, far away from what is reasonable (and possible)

thank you

I’ve designed some cool UIs in Visual Basic (many years ago, when VB was ‘the thing’) and it’s very easy to get into a lot of trouble when stacking controls.
The mobile app is design to prevent any app overlap, so you’d need to change that, and then have a way of positioning and switching to each of the stacked widgets in edit mode.
I’m guessing that this would be a significant redesign of the mobile apps, would probably be a nightmare when it comes to trying to diagnose and support users who are seeing weird results, or their widget isn’t working because it’s hidden behind something else.

I agree that this type of feature could be good in some situations but personally I don’t think it’s the way to go for the Blynk app.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

I agree that the major difficulty is to add widgets stack management in the app editor
this done this would give a nice and powerful tool for developers, no more complicated to use as the image library widget for instance

Bruno