Wrong ThousandSeparator in Web dashboard?

Is this a bug or something i just dont understand?
(Or maybe a “confusion” during localisation maybe based on my desktop locales being non-EN or non-DE or non-RU?)

See images.
With ThousandSeparator DISABLED (in Datastream) for this Power value, it is displayed as “2,497 W”
With ThousandSeparator ENABLED (in Datastream) for this Power value, it is displayed as “2.497 W”

=>
I find this a bit confusing - and wrong.

I expected it to be “2497” (Disabled) and “2,497” (Enabled) in this case.
Not “2,497” (Disabled) and “2.497” (Enabled).

ThousandSep Enabled

When you look at the image with ENABLED thousand separator for Power (2.497) - you can see it uses the same separator as the temp value (24.4) to the left. ONe of them is supposed to mean “THOUSAND”, the other “DECIMAL”.

Forgot to say.
I have Swedish settings in my windows desktop and chrome browser. If matters.

Hi Jonas,

Attach Datastream settings screenshot please.
Currently I can’t reproduce the appearance of coma as a thousands separator using different DS settings combinations. Also it seems to have nothing to deal with locales in this case (the data sent/received to/from device or API should not contain dot or coma if it’s clearly 2497)

Yes, looks like a bug. Could you please clear the browser cache and check again? The issue is still there? If so - please show the widget settings and DS settings?

Cleared the cache on Web/Desktop. Problem remains. Works OK in Mobile App.

Mobile       Web/Desktop
ThouSep-DISABLED:       5349 W       5,349 W     
ThouSep-ENABLED:        5,349 W      5.349 W         

MOBILE is as expected. WEB/DESKTOP is NOT as expected.

Desktop is today MacOs+Chrome 98. Was yesterday Win11+Chrome 98.
Mobile: Android 11

I can take screenshots when home later tonight (late) from DATASTREAMS.
But until then - i believe the MOBILE results shows there is some probs in Web/Desktop dashboard.

/Jonas

Here are some screenshots asked for.

This is how Power V20 (4,809) (COMMA) looks when ThouSep is DISABLED in Datastreans:

This is how V20 is defined in Datastreams. ThouSep is DISABLED:

Advanced settings looks like this (if matters):

I will then change to ENABLED:

(and save)

And then Power (3.956) (DOT) looks like this:

The settings of the gauge looks like this:

*** NOTE, the data is sent as a number = 3956 from Node-RED using the write node of node-red-contrib-blynk-iot. See image. Column to the right which is the debug message window.

@jonas thanks a lot! Bug is confirmed.

1 Like