WiFiManager help

@mohan_sundaram one way to add to your knowledge is to “watch” important GitHub repositories like Blynk and ESP8266 Arduino. With Blynk it gives you an insight into upcoming changes and notifies you when @Dmitriy makes a cup of tea.

With ESP8266 Arduino you get to see all the problems people are having and how they are being fixed.

It does mean a lot of extra emails though. I watch far too many repositories to be honest but it did mean I was aware of a recent issue with hostname.

Take a look at this thread https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/issues/3970 for example.

Yes when I change to the lwIP v1.4 Prebuilt then my router shows Mo4W-960991 rather than the Blynk token.

Thanks for testing this. It seems like the fix will get into IwIP2 soon. How do I switch to IwIP.4, if I’ve to? I’m not aware of what I need to do. I normally download a whole blob and install it. Will the IwIP2 fix get automatically updated in the IDE?

Yes and I pushed Ivan to make the updates much more frequent. Think he replied on GitHub with “every couple of months” rather than the 18 months from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0.

Simple, it’s an option in the IDE. Select Tools and then the lwIP variant.

I find it odd that the Blynk token is being picked up for the hostname in the router though.