Wifi password in quick setup

Hello,
I followed a tutorial (Tutorial: Connect your first device to Blynk using Quickstart - YouTube) where wifi credentials have to entered. Do I really need to provide wifi password to actually make the tutorial work?

because in the setup field i wrote random password and generated the code, copied and pasted into arduino ide and uploaded it to esp8266. but it does not get connected.

I get message on the arduino serial monitor as connecting to blynk cloud…and quickstart shows only connecting…but does not connect.
do i need to provide actually wifi password during the setup?

Yes, although if your ESP8266 has previously connected to your WiFi it can remember those credentials and may connect automatically.

What exactly are you referring to when you say “Setup field” ?

I’d suggest that you copy the text from your serial monitor and post it here, with triple backticks at the beginning and end so that it displays correctly.
Triple backticks look like this:
```

You need to hard-code the WiFi credential in the sketch, unless you are using the Edgent example where that are added via the app during the provisioning process which occurs when you click the “+ Add device” button in the app.

Pete.