Why nobody uses bridge?

Great! Really thank you for great support, it would be on the documentation!

Finally i done it
Hours of studing and error correcting

Dmitriy. I´m new with Blynk and start to use the community now. I´ve just started my first project and the bridge function is very useful to me. I´m using bridge to send the status of lamps to another board running a kind of main or central to see all the lamp status of my house and for a while everything is running like a charm.

2 Likes

Would be great!

if you demonstrate on two device with picture would be awesome :slight_smile:

Yeah worked for me too :wink:

Is it possible with one MCU to download 2 virtual button switches from 2 different dashboards?

I have several working ESP modules that each have their own project dashboard with a ‘firmware OTA’ button. Several of them also have ‘Arm/Disarm’ buttons. I am trying to consolidate all of the FWOTA buttons to one dashboard, and all of my arm/disarm buttons on another dashboard (perhaps also add a main arm/disarm “away” type button). I’ve been reading up on bridge, but I still only know how to read virtual buttons using a “primary auth”, not bridge as I would like.

In a nutshell, instead doing this from one dashboard:

BLYNK_WRITE(firmwareVpin) {      // Sync firmware button from dashboard 1, and set the flag
  fwButton = param.asInt();
  isFWbuttonSet = 1;
}
BLYNK_WRITE(armButtonVpin) {     //read arm/disarm value from dashboard 1 Vpin
  armButton = param.asInt();
  isArmButtonSet = 1;
}

I would instead like to do something like this with 2 dashboards… (and I probably wrongfully presume it would have something to do with bridge)

BLYNK_WRITE(auth0, firmwareVpin) {      // Sync firmware button from dashboard 1, and set the flag
  fwButton = param.asInt();
  isFWbuttonSet = 1;
}
BLYNK_WRITE(auth1, armButtonVpin) {     //read arm/disarm value from dashboard 2 Vpin
  armButton = param.asInt();
  isArmButtonSet = 1;
}

If not, maybe there is another way for me to go? I don’t want to have to setup another ‘dummy’ ESP module just to handle forwarding virtual pins from one dashboard to several ESPs (using the bridge methods I understand this could work)… seems unecessarily wasteful when the app or server could handle it sans hardware.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

@KevB we will release new update soon with support for multi devices, so you’ll be able easily resolve your issue.

Thanks for the quick response.

I am not sure I worded my problem correctly. I am trying to use one device (droid phone) with one MCU (ESP-12 actually). My goal is to have the ESP write to virtual pins on 2 different dashboards (or ‘projects’). More precisely, the ESP needs to read an arm button and ‘trigger count’ values from dashboard A (the primary), and update the trigger count on dashboard A. It also needs to write to a virtual LED and numeric voltage display on dashboard B (bridged). To be clear, there is no MCU associated with the dashboard B… just a blynk project page on my phone.

All of my debugging attempts have not resulted in illuminating that virtual LED on dashboard B. I can post code if it will help, but it is nearly 400 lines of hobby quality code. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, the same code works flawlessly when implemented with just one dashboard (no bridge).

Will the update allow this? If not, is there some other way?

In the end I hope to have several blynk’d MCU’s, all with their FW OTA enable buttons on one dashboard “project page”, and battery voltages on another page. This fundamental capability would allow me to customize the blynk ui to fit many cool applications. Not that I am not already impressed with Blynk, but allowing more flexible use of project pages would make it much more powerful IMHO.

What is the reason to use 2 projects for 1 hardware?

One of my next projects with blynk will be a Alarm system.
For that I want to connect 5 to 10 wemo D1 mini pro with one master device which shall collect the alarm information of the other devices.
The connection should be on wifi
Would this be possible ?

Yes

@Bobbo_SA I intend to do something similar to your Home Automation. Can you share the code on Projects made with Blynk or wherever, please?

One question: Why do you use an Arduino Nano + ESP8266 as the primary board instead of another ESP8266-EVB?

Great project!

I use Blynk Bridge. I found it being the easiest method to make multiple IoT modules talk each other event they are in different networks or places in the world. I also made a quick Blynk Bridge Example with video maybe good for entry levels.

2 Likes