Who's doing commercial projects?

I’m working on adding IoT features to an existing commercial product, and I like the look of Blynk as a cloud platform. I’d like to talk to commercial users of Blynk about their experience with it: capacity, uptime, support for customer onboarding and WiFi provisioning, etc.

I’m most interested in comparable products: consumer audience, worldwide market but based in USA, medium volume (~10K units/year). Both successes and challenges would be interesting to hear about, in any level of detail. I’d really appreciate your time if this describes you.

Feel free to respond here or via PM. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi there, thanks for considering Blynk for your business.

Could you please tell a bit more?[quote=“teejaydub, post:1, topic:14719”]
uptime
[/quote]
Our uptime is 99.9%
We also offer dedicated servers for every business.[quote=“teejaydub, post:1, topic:14719”]
support for customer onboarding and WiFi provisioning
[/quote]

1. You can check it for yourself by running app preview in the latest android app.
  2. Also read about provisioning here: http://help.blynk.cc/publishing-apps-made-with-blynk

Thanks, Pavel - that’s good to hear, and I’ve read through the docs and it looks like you have a solid product! It’s just the kind of platform I want.

What I’m looking for is real-world experience selling and supporting a product on Blynk in the thousands to tens of thousands of units - stuff that can be hard to predict ahead of time, like:

• Are there known server capacities - and if we had a dedicated server, and exceeded its capacity, can we easily add another and have it dynamically load-balanced? (Or is the capacity sufficiently huge that we’re not likely to hit that limit in practice?)
  • User onboarding and provisioning looks as simple as it can be - but how often do real-world customers have problems with it, and what kinds of problems do they have? If their WiFi coverage is spotty or variable, what does that look like for the product, and how will the user describe those symptoms when they call us for support? How often do users tend to do things like want to change their WAPs, and how much support is required for that?
  • And, you know, the questions I don’t yet know to ask because I haven’t brought several thousand customers online yet. :slight_smile:

So, if you could connect us to some commercial customers who’d be willing to share their experience, it would help make the case to my employers for investing in your platform.

I’ll answer on technical question.

Correct. So far we had no issues with servers capacity. We currently handling dozens of thousands of units.

Sorry we currently can’t contact you directly to such customers due to our agreements.
However we can explain technical aspects and challanges - just contact us on business channel.
Thanks.

Good statistic to know - that should be enough for a while then.

OK, will do.