(Which beginner sketch to use) Mihaelsonn

Hi , I try to make Blynk conection with Arduino Uno and ESP8266 . Before I flash the ESP8266 sucesfull with : blank.bin,boot_v1.1.bin,esp_init_data_default.bin and user1.bin.
Than I have confusion , witch scatch should I use for conecting to Blynk.

[quote=“Milenko, post:1, topic:12130”]
witch scatch should I use for conecting to Blynk.
[/quote] Pick one… they all contain useful examples.

http://examples.blynk.cc/

Meanwhile, please use a meaningful title for your thread posting, and no need to open a new thread for related questions (i.e. you could still use your last thread to ask these general questions).

Hi Gunner , thanks for replay .
I try many examples and I dont have conection with cloud server .So I am not shure if I take right examples .Please tell me one .

Let’s start with, what is the exact make and model of the hardware ESP board you are using, is it a shield, or something else?

It is Arduino Uno and ESP8266-01 board .ESP is conected on pins D2 and D3 .

This Example is from Blynk Example Borwser and is for Arduino Uno with ESP WiFi shield.

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
#include <ESP8266_Lib.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266.h>

// You should get Auth Token in the Blynk App.
// Go to the Project Settings (nut icon).
char auth[] = " df7ab0fc6d3b45f79163e2ab99344195";

// Your WiFi credentials.
// Set password to “” for open networks.
char ssid[] = “Mikele”;
char pass[] = “lipovica54”;

// or Software Serial on Uno, Nano…
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial EspSerial(2, 3); // RX, TX

// Your ESP8266 baud rate:
#define ESP8266_BAUD 115200

ESP8266 wifi(&EspSerial);

void setup()
{
// Set console baud rate
Serial.begin(9600);
delay(10);
// Set ESP8266 baud rate
// EspSerial.begin(ESP8266_BAUD);
delay(10);

Blynk.begin(auth, wifi, ssid, pass);
}

void loop()
{
Blynk.run();
}

And on serial monitor I have this Report :

0.4.5 ???

I think it’s a typo

Did you try switching tx/rx wires and supply the power for ESP from an external supply, NOT from the arduino. It doesn’t deliver enough power.

I take a external 3,3 v power and I try to switch tx/rx but same as before.Nothig heapens .

What is typo ?

The LIbrary version number, as @AND indicated.

But anyway. can you describe how you have connected everything? Or show pictures?

[quote=“Lichtsignaal, post:10, topic:12130”]
The LIbrary version number, as @AND indicated.
[/quote] ??? whats wrong ?
My conecton is
Uno … ESP8266 … Ext PS
D2 (Rx) ------- Tx
D3 (Tx) -------- Rx ( this conection is made with 2 Res Bridge as you advise in other post )
GND -------- GND ----------------------- GND
Vcc + CH pd ----------- + 3,3 V

Nothing wrong, I think… probably just a mixup… it is just that there is no (official) library ver 0.4.5 yet. But you are apparently running it. Did you download and install the library manually or through the Arduino IDE (Tools - Blynk: Check for updates).

Heads up @Dmitriy

Yeah, that looks about right… we are seriously screwed now because the Failed to Disable Echo message can mean anything.

Ow wait, I see you have the Baud set very high for the ESP, change that to 9600. Also change it on the ESP (with lower firmwares it’s AT+CIOBAUD=9600 I think).

And remove the extra space in the token…

Hi , there is a lot of confusion.I think I start from beginig again .

1. Blynk library I copy it manualy ( and this was 0.4.4 ) , now in IDE is 0.4.5 ( how ??)
  2. I try update ( with tool from IDE ) and there was new versin 0.4.5 for update.But the update fail.
    Than I take the older version back and now is 0.4.3 .
  3. I flash the ESP with firmware from this site :https://developer.mbed.org/users/sschocke/code/WiFiLamp/wiki/Updating-ESP8266-Firmware
    Is it ok ? Or how can I check AT fimware ?

psoro : Tanks , I correct now but is stil same.

Grab the latest library from the GitHub page and install it by hand (e.g. copy it into the library folder). DO NOT USE THE LIBRARY MANAGER!

The version is just a typo somewhere. That’ll probably be fixed soon enough :slight_smile:

sketchbook/libraries/Blynk
sketchbook/libraries/BlynkESP8266_Lib

sketchbook/tools/BlynkUpdater
sketchbook/tools/BlynkUsbScript

Is this rhite place for librarys ?

Is that where the rest of your Arduino libraries are too? If you have any others … :slight_smile:

This is place where I copy Blynk librarys according to this site
: https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/releases/tag/v0.4.4

But on IDE is place for other librarys but nothig about Blynk.

When you copied the library to the correct place, does it show up in the library manager?