Where to download Blynk local server

Hello!
I couldn’t manage to get the server running with the command:

java -jar server-0.41.14-java8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk

It says “Invalid or corrupt jarful server-0.41.14-java8.jar”
Any chance you could point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I could really use your help :slight_smile:

You are a savior.

Exactly. I missed the road at same spot.

Thank you so much for preserving this PeteKnight :slight_smile:

@Ics_Zeta did you install the .jar file from my GitHub?

What version of Java are you running on your device?

Pete.

Thanks for your prompt reply, Pete.

Running java 1.8.0_212 on Rpi4
Installed through command:

sudo apt install openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre

The following are the commands I ran on my RPi4:

wget "Release v0.41.16 · Peterkn2001/blynk-server · GitHub"
java -jar server-0.41.16-java8.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk

However, terminal response is “Invalid or corrupt file”
Am I pasting the wrong link into the wget command?
Thanks

I think the correct command should be…

wget "https://github.com/Peterkn2001/blynk-server/releases/download/v0.41.16/server-0.41.16-java8.jar"

Although on a Pi 4 you should probably be running a later version of Java than v8, and using the server-0.41.16.jar file

Pete.

Your command executed correctly and managed to get the server running. Now it’s time to figure out how to set it up. :slight_smile: I hope I’ll be able to find required documentation online, thanks a lot again Pete!

It’s all here…

Pete.

I must have not slept enough last night, my sight is tricking me. :slight_smile:

Everything is running as expected, just cannot access dashboard admin page, credentials do not seem to be working "username=admin@blynk.cc , password=admin), but devices connect successfully to local server.

Is there any chance to be able to control devices outside the LAN, or the local server just works like this?
(Don’t get me wrong, I’m already super happy to have discovered this feature)

Thanks Pete for your enormous help

read this:

Do you mean that devices are connected to the same LAN as the local server, but you want to control them from anywhere in the world?
If yo then you have two options …

1. use a DDNS service service such as NoIP or DuckDNS (assuming that you don’t have a static public IP) and a DDNS updater service, plus configuring your router to forward port 9443 to your local server.

2. use ZeroTier.

There are pros and cons to both approaches, all covered in post on this forum if you search.

If you mean that your devices are located remotely then you need to use port forwarding via a DDNS, and forward port 8080 as well. You then use the DDNS url in your C++ Blynk connection command.

Pete.

1 Like

Thanks Pete for taking the time into replying with all these infos.

I meant exactly case 01 (devices and local server on same LAN but controlled from elsewhere), I’m going to dive into how to set it up. Thanks a lot for sharing this, thanks a lot!

I cannot believe I have already managed to get it working!
Thank you so much for your directions, Pete! You are an angel!

1 Like

I use local server on Windows 11, not on rasp :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Guys, do we have some options to backup last APK version of android program in case it will be deleted from market ?
I don’t use blynk for commercial ways, but i use local server without the internet, and for me it is very important to save this option.

here

2 Likes

Blynk Local Server source code is not longer on GitHub. Will it become proprietary code? if that happens it wont surprise me. Do you guys know where could I get the server source code?

Thanks so much man! I’ve spend quite a bit of time looking for it! much appreciated!

@StarHelix if you read the topic in full then you’ll see that there is a copy here:

I very much doubt it.
The app code is not open source, and it’s not in Blynk’s interest to release it, as they would prefer people to migrate to Blynk 2.0

Some people (like yourself maybe) are migrating to local server to save money or avoid migrating their projects to Blynk 2.0, but personally I think that’s a false economy.
Setting-up, running and maintaining a Blynk local server is fairly expensive in terms of money and time, and it’s only really a stop-gap measure because eventually the apps will stop running on the latest versions of iOS and Android, so you’ll need to keep an old device just to ruin the old Blynk app.

There are some situations where migrating isn’t an option, in particular those where a local server is needed because there is no internet connectivity, which is why i took a copy of the local server repository.

Pete.