Water Level Monitor

Hi,

Abstract
I want to monitor the level of water in the tank and control the motor pump according to that.

My Plan
Planing to do this with two nodemcu devices which will connected to a wifi router with internet. One nodemcu will connect to a HC SR04 module and placed on the tank, the other nodemcu module control the AC motor pump with relay module. Both of these devices should communicate each other over WiFi.

Question
Is this really work?
How can i connect the two modules with blynk app?

Each Blynk project supports multiple devices, so you can control them all via 1 Project. Values can be send using virtual pins.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply!

I use Wemos D1 Mini with HC-04 and Blynk to control water tank level. It works. No problem to use more than one device (I have 4 in my house) with Blynk.

A curiosity question, why a HC-04 and not a simple float switch?

What is float switch? This one?

If so my mistake. I don’t use HC-04 for control but for monitoring. For control I use simple float switch (even without any electronic because of common water supply). I use HC-04 to monitor problems on this water supply and email me about tank is in use.

Its not HC-04 it is HC-SR04
Ultrasonic Sensor for measuring distance

Thank you for your reply!

I don’t want to only monitor the water level, it should turn on the motor pump when the tank water level is low.
Which means the two modules (nodeMCU or D1 mini) should communicate each other through blynk for control the the motor pump

Is it possible?

As Lichtsignaal said, you don’t need to use two devices to accomplish that unless there’s a significant distance between the tank and the pump but even so, it shouldn’t be an issue. In fact, you don’t need a wifi device at all, just a float switch which activates the pump when water gets below your set level.

Now, if you want to be notified when the water level gets below your set mark, than you need to use the mcu or if you want to control the pump remotely when water is below your set mark.

You can also use a water sensor which its resistance changes based on the water level to tell you that water is getting closer to your set lever. Imagination is your limit, my friend.

I’m not use an ultrasonic sensor is the best sensor to use here.

If that doesn’t convince you and you still want to use 2 wifi devices, than look into the Blynk´s bridge option.

1 Like

HI Lichtsignaal, I’m trouble to retrieve data from SuperChart (datastream V10). I use this command:

BLYNK_WRITE(V10) {
Volume = param.asInt();
Persen = pinValue;
//Serial.println("Persen: " + String(Persen) ); //print percentage
}

but I can not get the data, it show only 0 (zero)

@teddkn please don’t spam the forum by asking the same question in multiple places.
I’m closing this topic. If @Lichtsignaal wants to join-in the fun then the conversation is happening here…

Pete.