Variable text in widget

is there a way to display texts that change according to certain conditions in a widget of the “value display” type? I know the LCD wiget is too invasive (too big)
can you suggest me some trick to do this?

All display widgets can have the content ‘variably’ controlled (via code)… can you clarify what you are trying to do.

You can send any string to Value Display or Labeled Value widgets

ok, I know and I use this widget for a long time only with numerical variables. The question is asked if I can also display variables like text strings.

Of course… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As recommended in the directions you needed to erase in order to post your question, searching this forum and reading the documents is recommended before asking… as 99% of answers are already there.

Just a quick/search look at the Projects Made with Blynk topics would show that there are so many projects using text, emoticons, numbers, and even combinations of all of those.

In fact the Documents show how all virtual pin data is transmitted as strings in the first place… then “translated” as floats, integers, strings, etc. via the param.asX() command.

@Franchelli You didn’t answer this question… but here is a quick example of sending strings, emoticons and numerical data all mixed together

sprintf(currentTime, "%02d:%02d:%02d", hour(), minute(), second());
Blynk.virtualWrite(V12, "\xE2\x8F\xB3", currentTime);  // Send time to Display Widget

The funny text at the beginning of the virtualWrite() value is the hourglass, I actually change it every second so that it looks like it is filling & emptying in the App. The clock in the label was manually inserted in the App.

image image

It’s fantastic … even if it seems to me (and I may be wrong) it is not illustrated anywhere. Thank you very much. I did not understand how do you put the hourglass emoticons …

Now you can start using this forum search feature and get almost all answers you have for your questions.

1 Like

Search for those keywords here… a bit of reading, but lots of ideas :smiley:

1 Like