Using "Value Display" widget to show most recent measurement

Hello,

I am about to try to make a simple garden monitoring system with arduino (Wildfire board). I would like to have it wifi connected and use Blynk to check on it whenever desired. I plan to use a couple cheap moisture and water level sensors; however, they have problems with corrosion if left on 24/7. To avoid having them corrode on me, I’m going to use relays to power them on once every 30 minutes or so to take a reading, and then turn them off.

Is there any way I can use Blynk to show the most recent measurement from the sensors using value display since it won’t be powered 24/7?

Hi,

If you are using Android, today we will release History Graph Widet. You can write any logic on your Arduino and set it up to push data to Virtual Pin. Our server will store it even if your phone is offline and then visualize on the widget.

Here is what I did with Particle Core and same task as yours:

Wow that is very similar to what I will be doing!

Just out of curiosity, were there any problems with corrosion on your moisture sensor?

Also, I am using an iPhone so I guess I can’t use this yet… :pensive: How long will it be until this is available on iPhone, and is there anyway I can get added to the beta on test flight?

It will take some time, unfortunately. We are trying to speed up iOS version. We don’t have beta testing, sorry.