Using other type files in Blynk.Air

We are working on a project which has several ESP32 boards embedded in a single device. Only one of those boards (“master”) is connected through a SIM7000 gsm, other boards are communicating with he master board using CAN. The project also contains a Nextion display which can be updated by uploading a file to it from the master board.

We want to update all those components, and also several locally (SPIFFS and SD) stored config files using OTA. Our initial idea was to provide the master board with configdata, which specifies which versions of each component are current and where to download them.

The config data looks somethig like this:

{
"nextion": {
    "version": "1.0.0",
    "nextion_file": "Nextion.tft",
    "nextion_file_md5": "0323f90c4726d595aa539f4a39cd8014"
},
"installationId": 1,
"moduleBtMacAddress": "E8:68:E7:07:30:7A",
"modules": [
    {
        "address": "E8:68:E7:07:30:7A",
        "moduleSwVersion": "1.0.0",
        "moduleType": "mainModule",
        "url": "https://github.com/I-Connect/1.0.0",
        "spiffs_files": [

.... etc

The main board can check md5 and then download those files if needed and flash them.

So what I would like to do is use Air to distribute that configdata, but that is obviously not allowed.

How could I implement such a scheme? Or maybe it’s an idea to allow other file types to be send to the devices by Blynk.Air. A JSON file type could i.e. have the requirement to include a property BlynkFirmwareVersion so Air can determine the version of the deployment

Can anybody help me with this?