Unable to run Blynk server after installing PLEX on Raspberry PI. Any Advice?

Hi fellow members,

I was hoping that there might be someone out there that may be able to advise how the following issue could be resolved.

My local blynk server has been running perfectly for the last few months. I always update with the latest version, and all the updates for the Raspian OS. I always create an image in case of a malfunction.

Recently, I though it would be rather cool to have a media server (Plex) running on the PI with an external HDD. A multifunction server that can do everything.

After following the plex tutorial, I was able to successfully get Plex to run on boot. Unfortunately, shortly afterwards I discovered Blynk server stopped functioning. I am unable to access it through the web browser either,

If I try to run the server in a terminal window, I get the following result-

java -jar server-0.26.1.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Bly
Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /home/pi/static/js/login.js
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:84)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:102)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.implDelete(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:244)
	at sun.nio.fs.AbstractFileSystemProvider.deleteIfExists(AbstractFileSystemProvider.java:108)
	at java.nio.file.Files.deleteIfExists(Files.java:1165)
	at cc.blynk.utils.JarUtil.unpackStaticFiles(JarUtil.java:46)
	at cc.blynk.server.launcher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:66)

I’m not a Java expert and from the research I did it seems to be some sort of permission issue?

Any help would be appreciated. I would rather not have to re-install a non-plex image if that can be avoided.

Cheers,
Jono

Yeap. Please try to give to folder rights for the user you run the server with. Also, you may do the test with sudo if the error goes away this is definitely permission issue.

Thanks very much for your advice Dmitriy.

You were quite right when I ran the command using sudo, it did run, but unfortunately blynk reported the “ports” were unavailable.I’m still a novice with linux and have no idea how to solve this.

I’ve decided to start from my last working blynk image, and backup even more frequently. Perhaps I might get a better understanding of whats going on. Perhaps you have a magic solution:)

Regards,
Jono

That’s mean you have already server up and running. You need to kill it :slight_smile:.

ps -aux | grep java
kill processID