Twitter widget not sending tweets

This is only “clear” now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But even so, it is a poor way to test when you could easily add in some random or incrementing number to be sure you are not violating some twitter limitation.

Basically it looks suspicious, so I questioned it.

And even your “new” code can clearly be reset via a button, to resend the exact same tweet… so how can you really be sure that isn’t the issue?

Oh, so sorry… I actually know the answer, but am just stringing you along :joy: (JK)

But seriously, I obviously don’t have your account, so can’t test your settings, and can only give out suggestions based on the data you provide and what code I see.

This is also not clear… did you properly setup the twitter widget on the phone that is running the project?

Gunner,

I understand your reasoning but since I mentioned “use a timestamp to make every tweet unique” I thought it would be clear that I undestand the Twitter policy. I will make sure to be more specific next time.

Because no tweets are send at all from Blynk. The original complete code functioned before and even when I change the hardcoded timestamp nothing happens. It doesn’t matter what unique text I use.

I was pretty specific in my post and was under the presumption that if read carefully your questions would be obsolete. The fact that I put something in the loop has nothing to do with the problem as described because as I said, it worked properly before; 25k+ tweets have been send with the original complete code. In hindsight I should’ve mentioned this in my OP.

Yes. Tried it countless times with a couple of phones and a tablet and even a brand new account. I expected it to work since it did before (didn’t change anything on my first test) but when it didn’t I started trying different methods without succes.

I’m well aware that my response might look grumpy or ungrateful and would like to imply once again that I do really appreciate your help. I understand that you get alot of ‘dumb’ questions and thats why you are asking these (seemingly) basic questions. I did alot of troubleshooting already and did my best to state this in the OP.

I implemented Superchart as a data logger which is a better solution in some aspects, so there’s no urgent need for a solution anymore. It is interesting to tackle this problem nonetheless i.m.o.

Thanks again Gunner, without people like you this community wouldn’t be what it is and while this is my first post I’ve read alot of topics to solve my problems.

No problem… I tried twitter once long ago and didn’t like it, so it is my own fault for answering :stuck_out_tongue:

And against my better judgment, I just set up another Twitter account and tested on my Cloud Server account (since I recall that Blynk Twitter doesn’t work on Local Server anyhow)…

I have to agree… it doesn’t seem to be working with Blynk for me either… no errors, no tweets (from Blynk), nada…

Android Beta App
Cloud Server
Library 0.5.4

Something for the devs to deal with I guess… @Dmitriy ?

PS very hard to search the forum for twitter issues since the keyword twitter shows up in sooo many example sketches :scream: so this issue may already be well known??

Thanks for understanding :grin:

Had the same issue while searching! But since there were no recent entries with Twitter being the main concern I thought I’d make a post.

Will check again if the devs come up with an answer, but as said before I don’t really need a fix anymore since I’m using Superchart as a better alternative.

Confirmed. Twitter widget still not worked with new Library 0.6.0.
Arduino Uno USB-Serial Twitter example :weary:

Sorry all. Since Blynk collects the stats from Cloud users, not Local Server users, I would guess this means no more tweeting from Blynk for the indefinite future.

Actually, I’m connect with cloud server.
E-mail and Notify works OK, but twitter broken.

EDIT - Twitter status on Cloud Server is now unclear again… I don’t tweet anyhow, so I am leaving this issue well enough alone :stuck_out_tongue:

Rebuild code with Arduino Uno + Wiznet W5500 Ethernet2
Not worked too with twitter and OK with E-mail.
Bumped, Twitter widget is dead.

@Gunner, I hate to bring this up again, but when @Dmitriy said they have no plans to make the Twitter Widget work and you asked if this included the Twitter Widget working with the Cloud Server and @Dmitriy said, “No” … can I take this to mean they plan to fix the Twitter Widget in conjunction with the Cloud Server? Has there been any further discussion regarding a bug fix in the last few weeks I may have missed?

I haven’t a clue how to interpret some of Dmitriy’s answers :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t clearly recall any follow up commentary… but I suspect twitter may be one of those “soon to be dropped” options from Blynk’s beginnings.

I never twit (tweet? twitter?), so I personally don’t care… I was just trying to assist others whenever it came up, so I created an account that shall forever remain unused :smiley:

And then I saw this in another recent topic… so now I really don’t know :blush:

@Gunner for BLE/BT Blynk.tweet (and, probably, Blynk.mail) will work in same way as Blynk.notify, so it is not about twitter widget in its ordinary way.

OK… so Blynk can still use twitter?? It is just that a few people have ran into issues (using Cloud) tryng to do so, that havent been resolved… or even officially looked at. AKA this topic for one.

Again, I am not going to test it anymore myself … so I will leave this issue as is for others to work on. But thanks.

I mean that the update I’ve uploaded to beta is not about sending tweets to twitter. It just handle the tweet/notify request from BLE/BT hardware and shows an alert with their message, nothing connected to twitter.

OK, I got it… so my reference of your other post was not relevant to this OP :blush:

But rather that post was just saying that notification (and apperenly twitter) calls in the sketch will now register on the phone in BT/BLE connection mode now, just as it did in other WiFi, ethernet, etc. modes.

Sorry to confuse this OPs issue then.

@BlynkAndroidDev, Would you please talk to @Dmitriy and find out whether Twitter Widget + Cloud Server is dead or whether the bug will be fixed.

@BlynkAndroidDev, @Dmitriy, @vshymanskyy or @Eugene,

Would one of you please help us understand the situation as it relates to the Twitter widget. Would you please acknowledge that it’s not working in conjunction with the cloud server. Would you please let us know if this bug will be fixed or whether the Twitter widget is being retired.

Thank you,

Joe

1 Like

Hello. We will check. From your side you need to check if your account is active, you don’t send the same message in your tests, you don’t exceed message limit.

Thank you, @Dmitriy!

The problem could (in theory) be my Twitter account, however, I guarantee the issue is not sending the same message more than once (I always include a timestamp in each message) and I’m not exceeding the message limit.

To the broader Blynk Community … is the Twitter widget working for you (with the cloud server)? On either platform? With any firmware version?