Turning a light in my bedroom on and off using Blynk

I want to turn on and off my bedroom light on and off and I don’t have a clue where to start or how to do it. I have access to ESP8266 Thing and and arduino. If you can help me please reply.

Hello. You can start from docs - http://docs.blynk.cc/#hardware-set-ups-esp8266-standalone

@Rebekah You have to use a Relay for this purpose.

Use Blynk to turn a relay switch on/off which will turn your light on/off (Assuming yout light bulb uses AC).

Read about relay, how to use it with Arduino/ESP8266 and then integrate using Blynk app.

Should not be very hard!

Good Luck!

I’m doing the same project, you can read this topic as well.

I’ll try these things thanks

Some words of advise:

1. if you’re trying to turn on a light that is plugged into an outlet: buy a cheap extension cord and use that with the relay instead of the cord for the light.

2. If you’re trying to turn on a light that is hooked up directly to a light switch, be very careful with the relay. Ive bought some where the soldered tips on the bottom of the relay were live :dizzy_face:. And obviously turn off all the power to the room when connecting the light to the relay

Thats my solution so far. If you toggle the light switch in the room the lights change state or you use the app.