The server saves all virtual.Writes, yeah?

so i can set up a min/max/average rolling history to display in the app (terminal)?

what would remove existign data from the local server? not upgrading it - only wiping it?

so i can daily min/max, weekly, monthly etc? and just update each by writing new values to various V pins?

i’m pretty sure this will work, just need a “yeah, sure man!”

Why not use the Superchart widget?

Pete.

e.g. if want to know the highest value from the last 7 days and highest value from the last 30 days and highest value from the last 90 days - can i get that out of SuperChart?

the terminal would print:

weekly stats:
base temp min: 12'C
base temp max: 22'C
base temp ave: 17'C
house temp min: 14'C
house temp max: 26'C
house temp ave: 19'C
roof temp min: 8'C
roof temp max: 29'C
roof temp ave: 17'C

monthly stats:

quarterly stats:

how many data streams can i have on one superchart?

It gives you a visual representation and you can position the cursor to give you the details of the values, but doesn’t give what you’ve shown in your example.
The Reports widget will give you the raw data that you can analyse in Excel.
But, if you want what you’ve demonstrated then you’d need to do it in code.

I do something similar for a weather station where I use a series of arrays to store rolling rainfall data for various periods, along with a series of variables to hold rolling totals.

Pete.

yeah, i get the generated zip reports weekly, but using those for historical records,

i was just going to convert my existing daily min/max/ave codes to longer ranges, but just ensuring that the data is retained indefinitely as a virtual.Write to keep it long enough…

i will learn how to use arrays to pull this off… is your code on this site?

Here’s a screenshot from a simple climate logging project. It’s been running for over a year, writing data to the cloud server every minute.

Pete.

it would be nice to extract the cursor point into a variable!

I use Node-Red, so the code isn’t Blynk orientated.

Pete.

That IS possible, although not from Blynk code and ONLY (??) if you own local server. If the binary file format hasn’t changed, it shouldn’t be hard to do using Linux environment.

1 Like

Help me, I don’t understand this Chinese language :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Sorry men, :wink: it’s not Chinese, It’s Blynkian… And (it is not a joke) It’s been “deciphered” some time ago. I can’t find it now, but we were discussing it here on this forum.

2 Likes

yes I remember that.
there’s no way to use it.
so bad :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This one …?

Pete.

3 Likes

How on earth…? I couldn’t find it, but I were looking wrong. (tried searching for “raw”)

Why? You got the file and the key! I have an idea HOW, but can’t find any use for it, so why bother?

2 Likes

I searched for “.bin” :slightly_smiling_face:

Pete.

3 Likes