The problem with sliding Slider widget

Сьогодні звернув увагу, що віджет слайдер не працює як раніше.
Перестав ковзатись пальцем повзунок. Треба тицяти пальцем в місце, а повзунок підповзає до того місця.
Нічого не міняв. Оновлювалась сьогодні програма на смартфоні з Google play. І бібліотека була 0.5 бета. До сьогодні все добре працювало.

Today, I noticed that the slider widget does not work as before.
Stop sliding your finger slider. You need to tick your finger in place, and the slider crawls to that place.
Nothing changed. Updated today the program on a smartphone from google plai. And the library was 0.5 beta. To date, everything worked well.

There was a recent fix for some GUI slider issues in older Android versions… And that last Android App (2.17.1) did fix the issue :+1:

And although I do see an ever so slight visual slowdown in the slide movement, it doesn’t seem to affect performance.

Perhaps the beta library 0.5.0 might be part of your issue? Have you tried it with the current 0.4.10 release? As that works great on all my tests now.

Я не можу сказати точно коли це зіпсувалось. Але нещодавно все добре працювало. Добре ще спробую бібліотеку 0.4.1 при нагоді.

I can not say for sure when it’s spoiled. But recently, everything worked well. Well, I’ll still try the library 0.4.1 when it is available.

It (0.4.10) has been available for over a month as the latest stable version…

Slider doesn’t work corectely.

@s.d.engineering as another topic had already been created, I have moved your post here…

However, can you provide some actual details besides “doesn’t work correctly.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … particularly as I have already tested since last App update and everything is working perfectly for me (however I am NOT using the BETA 0.5.0 Library)

1 Like

it work with android app 2.17.0 but when i update to 2.17.1 it doesn’t work correctly

1 Like

@s.d.engineering Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Do you mean issues with slider touch and drag? What Android version is on your device?

@BlynkAndroidDev в мене android 5.1 не тягнеться пальцем слайдер. Треба тільки тицяти в пусте місце слайдера, а повзунок підповзає.

i have android 5.1 does not stretch my finger slider. We need only a thousand in the empty slider place, and the slider crawls.

Yep, I’ve thought that this issue happens only on Android 4.x, we’ll fix it in the next release.

1 Like

Дякую!

Thank you!

1 Like

My android version is 5.0 and 6.1

Does it fail to work on both devices, or only Android 5.0 one?

Both of them.

Same issue.
Android 8.1 (Nexus 5x)
blynk 2.18.1

Slider widget value could not be set by dragging the slider - it is always set to 0
only “tap” method works for setting the value.

What library version?

I haven’t seen this issue return on any of my projects with sliders, with or without ‘Send on Release’.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the slider widget?

Blynk Library version: 0.4.10
Just checked once again, and the issue is not reptoducible now.
But yesterday I definitely had the issue. Will try to test different scenarios

I guess it could be possible if you had some app that shows windows above all apps, like facebook messenger.