(Text Input Widget) Documentation for this widget its not available

Hi. I would like to compare two input values. One in tab 1 and the other in tab 2 (in case the value on tab2 is higer turn the led on)
. Thing is when i want to get the documentation for learning how to include that to the code it says “documentation for this widget its not available”
Could u help me please?

It is a fairly intuitive widget… typing data in the Text Input Widget sends data to the code the normal way with…

String textIn = param.asStr();  // Text Input Widget - Strings

int numIn = param.asInt();  // Text Input Widget - Numbers
3 Likes

sorry is this example correct? coz the led stayed on and never changed

int tab1 = param.asInt();
int tab2 = param.asInt();
WidgetLED led1(V0);

BLYNK_WRITE(V1)

{Blynk.virtualWrite(V1, tab1);}

BLYNK_WRITE(V2)
{Blynk.virtualWrite(V2, tab2) ;}

}
void setup()
{
  // Debug console
  Serial.begin(9600);

Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);

}

void loop()

{  Blynk.run();

if ( tab2 (V1) < tab1(V2))

{Blynk.setProperty(V0, "color", "GREEN");
 led1.on() ;

if ( tab1(V2) < tab2(V1))

{Blynk.setProperty(V0, "color", "RED");
 led1.on() ;

}
}
}

Try something like this.

Note 1: I didn’t test it. And it’s not complete. I’ll let you finish it.

Note 2: You don’t need (nor want) to check the tab1 and tab2 values in “loop()”. You only need to check the values when they change (i.e., when BLYNK_WRITE is called and when the app first connects following a power cycle).

Note 3: All of the tabs share the same “namespace”. There’s no need to preface a virtual pin with the tab.

Note 4: I’m assuming you want to turn the LED off if tab1 == tab2. It wasn’t clear from your logic.

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleEsp8266.h>

const char ssid[] = "your ssid";
const char pass[] = "your password";
const char auth[] = "your auth token";

int tab1 = 0;
int tab2 = 0;

WidgetLED led1(V0);

void check_tabs(void) {
   if (tab1 < tab2) {
      Blynk.setProperty(V0, "color", "GREEN");
      led1.on();
   } else if (tab2 < tab1) {
      Blynk.setProperty(V0, "color", "RED");
      led1.on();
   } else {  // tab1 == tab2
      led1.off();
   }
}

BLYNK_WRITE(V1) {
   tab1 = param.asInt();
   check_tabs();
}

BLYNK_WRITE(V2) {
  tab2 = param.asInt();
  check_tabs();
}

void setup(void) {
   Serial.begin(9600);
   Blynk.begin(auth, ssid, pass);
}

void loop(void) {
   Blynk.run();
}
1 Like

If I want to see my (National Health Service) doctor the I have to wait around 2 weeks for an appointment.
They seem to work on the principal that after 2 weeks one of the following has happened:
a) the patient has recovered, so the appointment is no longer needed. :grinning:
b) the problem worsened and the patient went to A&E (ER), so the appointment is no longer needed.:neutral_face:
c) the patient has died, so the appointment is no longer needed. :frowning_face:

I take the same approach with posts like this.

Hopefully @juanmanuel85 hasn’t succumbed to scenario C (he was last seen on 24th February, so probably not :grinning::grinning::grinning:).

I’m sure someone will find your code useful in future though, if they ever manage to work-out what this does:

Pete.

1 Like

Someone edited the original post on Mark 6, 2019 at 4:06 pm …

I thought he was still kickin’.

Joe

Note: When you edit a post, it doesn’t update the date on which it was posted.

1 Like

Hmm, that was me… can’t remember why… some OCD like episode or something… but it shouldn’t have bumped this topic to the top. And if I had seen that I would have closed this older topic anyhow.

1 Like

We’re good. I just saw the post at the top of the list and thought I’d help the poor guy out. We appreciate you, even if you are a little OCD.

1 Like

Hi, couldnt read the message so long, but i think its exagerated to compare to a patience @PeteKnight thank you im aprecciating it as someone that read it for the first time as i really do now so dont feel underestimate or so … i didnt die, ok i accept it, its just that i ve been with real life /job problems and hadnt have the time to sit and learn from you but that doesnt mean im not gonna thank your answer. sorry and thank you, just had problems … but still alive

1 Like

hi ive asked a question like 8 months ago and as a regular member i got a regular worried for the forum but it seems its a serious thing so , in spite ,. i didnt have the time because i was working you deserve a heart
@PeteKnight
kinda hero, ppl shoot to the sky when you die and so buddy, regards and thank you very much your a winner this way

1 Like

i regard the answers and reamrk this hero that left aside his patients to answer me…

Since I was the initial responder to your post I am guessing you are referring to me?.. only I wasn’t worried about anything, and you didn’t do anything wrong that I can recall :thinking: Oh well. Meanwhile, I am sure @PeteKnight appreciates your Star :smiley:

So… back to your OP… Did you ever get that “then brand new” widget working? The devs did add in some instructions since… but not much more informative. However, as mentioned, it is a simple widget. Enter text and it shows in a vPin as a string.

not at all i was worried for the number of hearts @PeteKnight gets
im about reabording the project now, im really sorry couldnt give all those hearts.
thanks for the helps