[Terminal Widget] On multiple devices

Hello,

Is there any trouble to be afraid of using the same widget terminal with several devices (4).
They all have the same auth token and write on the same virtual pin to update the terminal.
It’s working now, but I have some trouble with the other functions of the project, and would like to know if it can be linked.

Regards

Hello. Hard to say. After multidevices support we do not recommend 1 auth for multiple hardware anymore.

2 Likes

this is exactly what i recommend in the other topic, opened by the same user…

1 Like

The problem is that the project goes frequently offline as soon as I use 2 devices.
That is why when I push a command, it doesn’t work at each time.

I stopped yesterday the second device and the project works perfectly now.
So it’s sure the problem come from the multi-device with same auth token.

After that, I began to adapt my project for multiple token but unfortunatly I noticed It’s not possible to display several virtual from different auth token in the same hystory graph (no “tag” possibility). So impossible to display comparative data between my different hardware. And it’s one of my primary objective :frowning:

Same problem, but of secondary importance:
It’s not possible to display the status of the different hardware in the same terminal widget.
Again no “tag” possibilty. You only can choose one device to link.
I also tried to use the “device selector” widget, but again one device at the same time.
(+ just for info, the property color doesn’t work anymore when using device selector.)

Finally, I think there is no way to get out of the situation.
Unless it’s possible to organize the communication with multiple devices with same token, to avoid disconnect.
Or unless an improvement of Blynk that should permit to use the “tag” option with readings widgets, and not only for commands widgets. So I could use hystory graph as I did with same auth token.
Is it possible such upgrade could be implemented?

Thanks a lot for your help.

On it’s way. this is main reason why tags were introduced.

Hi Dmitriy,
Do you mean that this improvement is planned to the next upgrade?

Yes. It is planned. But not for next update :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Great!!!

Hello,
Do you know when this improvment will be implemented?

Regards

Hello. Sorry, right now we are focused on other tasks.

Hello Dmitry, next this last great update, no better news about implementing tags on terminal widget?

@Alx-I hello. sorry. Too many other tasks. This is very low priority.