Teensy 4.1 Ethernet compatibility

hi,
I want to enable my Teensy 4.1 (with Ethernet) with Blynk.
with “NativeEthernet” + FNET library I was not successful as I can not compile it:
Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FNET\src\service\serial\fnet_serial.c
I’m on the right way ?
br Klaus

You can try the latest release of BlynkEthernet_WM Library which provides Blynk support to Teensy 4.1 using NativeEthernet.

Try this NativeEthernet_WM_Config_Teensy example to see if OK for you.

This library is based on EthernetWebServer Library, which has been tested with Teensy 4.1 NativeEthernet.

Be sure to update the Teensy core to latest v1.53, and install related libraries to compile and run.

Good Luck,

thanks so far. after installing two more libs still the following error remains:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4/Stream.h:68:6: error: ‘int Stream::timedRead()’ is private

int timedRead();

This is the well-known problem of Teensy, and you forgot to follow the instructions in Packages’ Patches for Teensy as follows:

2. For Teensy boards

To be able to compile and run on Teensy boards, you have to copy the files in Packages_Patches for Teensy directory into Teensy hardware directory (./arduino-1.8.13/hardware/teensy/avr/boards.txt).

Supposing the Arduino version is 1.8.13. These files must be copied into the directory:

• ./arduino-1.8.13/hardware/teensy/avr/boards.txt
  • ./arduino-1.8.13/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy/Stream.h
  • ./arduino-1.8.13/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Stream.h
  • ./arduino-1.8.13/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/Stream.h

Whenever a new version is installed, remember to copy this file into the new version directory. For example, new version is x.yy.zz
These files must be copied into the directory:

• ./arduino-x.yy.zz/hardware/teensy/avr/boards.txt
  • ./arduino-x.yy.zz/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy/Stream.h
  • ./arduino-x.yy.zz/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy3/Stream.h
  • ./arduino-x.yy.zz/hardware/teensy/avr/cores/teensy4/Stream.h

now compile is working thanks a lot
There is a big framework arround to enable ethernet connetion with varios versions, much more than I can understand so I tried the standard way:
So Blynk connects to the server (IP adress and Ping to server successfull ) but stucks in

Blynk.begin(auth, "blynk-cloud.com", 80);
   unsigned int mytimeout = millis() / 1000;
  while (Blynk.connect() == false) {
    if((millis() / 1000) < mytimeout + 8) {
      break;
    }
  }
[2419] MAC:xx-xx-xx-xx

[5129] IP:172.16.77.128

[5129] 

___  __          __

/ _ )/ /_ _____  / /__

/ _  / / // / _ \/  '_/

/____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\

/___/ v0.6.1 on Teensy 4.1/4.0

[5130] Connecting to blynk-cloud.com:80

[5326] Ready (ping: 80ms).

It’s good that you can connect to Blynk successfully. Your issue is now not Teensy 4.1 and NativeEthernet specific anymore. I’m sorry I won’t help you any further.

You have to follow the basic rules of Blynk programming, do more research and/or search for help in the forum. I’m frustrated that you haven’t started from so many simple and working examples, then moving forward to avoid mistakes.

Good Luck,

1 Like