SuperChart 1M, 3M range clipping, 6M range draw bug (Android 2.26.4)

Log or log archive had only two Error lines, related to failed logins. The oldest log files I still have are from April. The server does not seem to log much data…

Did you search in “logs/archive” folder too?

Yes, this is expected. Errors should be logged.

I checked blynk and worker logs from those dates, nothing unusual there. Did you find something unusual in the bin files for those dates? I might have had the server completely crash around that time. I remember it happening at one point during the summer (the first time such has happened).

Yes. I see a bunch of 12 records (between 30 june and 1 of july dates) that seem like totally not related to this bin file data. As those records has wrong date timestamp (filtered on UI).

If that crash happened at 30 of June. that may explain many things.

Actually that might be the thing then. After the crash I finally decided to try to fix a problem with the server not syncing to NTP on startup and restarted it several times while trying to figure out what the issue is. I didn’t actually even manage to fix it no matter what I tried so after a reboot blynk-server always starts with the wrong time before it gets synced after 5 minutes or something. It’s super annoying. I think I’ll need to revisit this then and make sure somehow it won’t start before the time has synced. I believe it’s a bug on the distro but there’s no other option supported by the Odroid team I believe.

Is there any way I could fix the timestamps manually? I wouldn’t want to lose the history of the files.

Nope.

Most probably NTP is the problem for your case. You need to fix NTP. Otherwise correct work of the superchart is not guaranteed.
Time should be correct at the moment when the Blynk server starts.

How about exporting the data to a CSV file and moving to use PostgreSQL? Or is the data stored in some binary format with it also so that it would be difficult to import it in?

@Dmitriy and BTW thanks for debugging the issue for me!

1 Like

@Dmitriy Any chance of someday getting a tool to extract and repack the bin files? :smile:

1 Like

@ristomatti I don’t have the answer. Right now we focus web, permissions, OTA. This is the focus for next 6 months. You can already attach DB and import data from it if it works for you.

Yep so I’ve understood. This was more of an idea thrown in the air. I figured you might already have something like that as a helper script for investigating reports like mine or to do testing. Of course you focus on the planned things.

Is there information somewhere in the help pages or has it been answered somewhere on the forum already what happens to the existing data if I now just enable an external database in the settings? Or if the user and project configuration are also stored in the database?

Nothing. Data will be duplicated.

1 Like