Status on Spark Core library

Is the Spark Core library functioning and available?

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to make it work yet. I was trying to follow LCD.ino example but it fails to compile.

Has anybody had any luck? Maybe i’m doing something wrong.

Yes, it’s sitting there for a while. Search for Blynk in libraries.

@tyler785
This sketch is for future LCD widget. It will be in next app release.

1 Like

Hey, can you say something about tutorials or document?
How can I use the virtual pin? Can I read parameter, like spark function? What if I have digital sensor, can I read it somehow?

I’m Really happy to start working with blynk…

@itayd100

Please download library and check examples called:
GetData.ino
PushData.ino

Hope that they are self- descriptive. Otherwise, let us know :wink:

1 Like

@itayd100, @tyler785, @peekay123
Current Spark library is published (should be listed in the libraries section), the source can be found here.
While it is working, we saw some problems when Spark is connected to both Blynk and Spark clouds.

I didn’t find any way around it yet, but it was performing better when I placed a switch button (pin V10) to control Spark Cloud connection:

BLYNK_WRITE(10) {
    if (param.asInt()) {
        Spark.connect();
    } else {
        Spark.disconnect();
    }
}

Using this button I enable Spark Cloud only when I need it. :smile:
Also, the built-in RGB led shows the status of Spark Cloud!

Note that we didn’t do any close integration with Spark team yet, the library is “our own attempt” to support this device.
Hope this helps!

Upd: just updated it to v0.2.1

4 Likes

I had a chance to play with Blynk on my Spark Core last night, and I was really impressed with the responsiveness!

First, I created a push button widget on my phone tied to D7 on the Core (which has the on-board LED attached), and the reaction was almost instantaneous.

Then I copied the Blynk NeoPixels demo sketch and did some quick modifications, and it worked without a hitch, changing colors in response to my slider control.

I can’t wait for more of the widgets to be implemented. I’m going to have so much fun with this. :smile:

3 Likes

Hey @dougal,

I’m working with the spark core too and, you right, the “ping” is really amazing.
But, do you understand how it works with the virtual pin?
For example: I have a digital temperature sensor and I save the value into a parameter. How can I send it to the blynk?

@itayd100 - Since the docs aren’t up yet, I’ve just been trying to piece things together by looking at some of the example sketches.

Try looking at the PushData example. It looks like all you need to do is put a receiving widget (e.g. gauge, value display), in your project tied to a virtual pin, then in your sketch, use: Blynk.virtualWrite(vPin, value)

1 Like

Hey @itayd100,

Glad to hear your success story! :smile:
Could you please confirm that you’re running v0.2.1 ?
I’m not sure if it was published correctly (might be a bug on Spark IDE).

Just need to know. Thank you!

Hey @vhymanskyy
I went to the spark IDE setting and it says: You are building with SPARK FIRMWARE V0.3.4

Yo @itayd100,
I mean try connecting to the serial port of Spark Core. You will see the Blynk library version printed there (after restart).

Hey @vhymanskyy,
My Blynk library was BLYNK 0.2.0 and I just changed to 0.2.1

Hey @vhymanskyy,

Now it’s working!

Cheers!

1 Like

I’m a bit slow here, I think. Can you walk me through how you got D7 on your Core to blink? I’m not sure what is required to get that far. I have Blynk loaded and when I create a button tied to D7, which I assume the Low to High mean it will make D7 HIGH and turn on the LED. However, nothing happens. It show briefly the core is “offline” then that disappears which I assume means it’s connected and online. I push my button and nothing happens. Do I need to do something outside the iOS app?

Pete

@Pete, did you flash the Core with Blynk example sketch with your Auth Token?

Hi, friends.
I’m trying use blynk app but blynk not connect my spark core. Blynk always says “spark core is offline”. how can i resolve this problem. http://i59.tinypic.com/2ngg00g.png

The code looks fine. I would recommend flashing the Spark Core ‘Blink an LED’ example and make sure that works first. If it does, then you should just have to flash the blynk spark core code and then set up D7 as a button in the blynk app (could be any pin but D7 is tied to an led on the spark core).

Thanks @vshymanskyy
Now I use it all the time! It makes everything sooo muuuch better!