[SOLVED] Xmas Lights

Well, to avoid problems, I’ve uninstalled everything, and I’ve gone back to the beginning. Last version of Arduino Ide, last versions of all libraries, and so on.
It seems to be, that now everything is correct, because I have no problems with the FasLed library, the examples compile and work. It also compiles the Jamin project, but I have not yet uploaded it in the ESP, and because of the time, I have to leave it for tomorrow, so I will continue to inform you.
Thanks to all.

2 Likes

Hi.
I have already loaded your project on my NodeMCU V1 board. As led pin I am using the GPIO4, D2 in this module, and a number of leds of 12, since I am using a ring with that amount of LEDs. I wanted to ask you which Is the minimum number of widgets, necessary to be able to test the project, since I am using the Blynk server, and at the moment I do not want to buy more energy, until I do not know, what will be its final use, and what I will need .
Can you help me with this?
The application Blynk on the cell, tells me that I am connected, which my auth token and my wifi credentials, are well placed.
Thanks in advance

do not worry about the widgets. you can experiment as you wish, because when you delete a widget (dragging to the upper right corner) you get back the energy. also, if you delete the whole project, you recycle all the energy.

the only way to loose energy is by sharing project or creating desktop icon.

When I checked, it will take about 5800 points of energy. So you will probably need to add in the 5000 point package @$3.99. Cheaper than some coffee houses :slight_smile:

Have you tried the project?

Not entirely. I have tested the compilation and installed the App project, but I don’t have any of the hardware yet… hopefully soon though.

Hi!!!
I’m here again, and as the title of the TV series, strange things … happen!!.
As I said in my last post,i upload the Jamin project in my NodeMCU v1 module, and only change the led pin, which uses the GPIO4, D2 in this module, and a number of leds of 12, using an Adafruit Neopixel ring, while I receive my led strips . The project loads without problems, but nothing happens, no LED lights, neither in auto mode nor in manual mode. I decide to try again, this time leaving all the settings, as Jamin has them, And the IDE, it gives me compilation error for this NodeMCU module. Checking the error report well, there seems to be an Error Compiling - static_assert (validpin (), “Invalid pin specified”). Searching someone with the same problem, someone tell me, that may be is a pin mapping error in FastLed \ plataforms.
I am trying to compile the sketch for ESP8266 generic, and this time it compiles without problem, but when loading it gives me another error, Error: espcomm_upload_mem failed. At that point I decided to leave it for the next day, but thinking about of the mapping of pines.Jamin uses the led pin 12 / GPIO12 / D6 in NodeMCU V1, V3, but to me it gives the error of invalid pin. The next day I decided to try, the pin I wanted the 4, but instead of connecting the LEDs To pin D2 (GPIO4), connect the LEDs to D4 (GPIO2), and OMG, now is working !!!.

1 Like

Hello Sir, good morning, It looks like you solved the issue. Like ou, I have been looking for a project like this but I have got a lot of problems.

Could you share the full working code you have and the QR code for the blynk dashboard?

I want to do the same like you
Please

Thanks in advance

Hi!!!
I want to help you with your issue,but I can’t at this moment.All of my work with arduino,esp8266,nodeMCU,etc,is in my desktop PC,and I’m waiting for some spare parts to repair it.When everything goes fine,I’ll contact you.
Thanks.