(SOLVED we think) Push notifications not received when blynk app is in sleep mode

I do believe you need to at least keep logged into the app at all times to maintain any chance of notifications.

Gunner. I am using a Huawei p9 lite. The phone is only 5 ,months old and had an android update 4 weeks ago

I am still logged into blynk when laying it to sleep :slight_smile: .

No battery saver. Other apps are receiving stuff when they are asleep.

@koaiwi

I see there is a “built in” notification when hardware goes off-line option (in the notification widget)… have you tried shutting off your MCU to see if that notification works (or not) when your app is sleeping?

my Blynk app restarts after “swipe it to sleep” - so that is just my experience.

but i never tried ‘HIGH PRIORITY’ notifications…

Tried this too. The hardware down and push notifications both work when blynk is awake. Both don’t work when blynk is asleep.

I’m raising this as from what I can see the problem is similar or the same as that raised a year ago. It appeared to require a fix. Can someone have a look at it again please.

see Giải pháp gửi thông báo qua đám mây của Firebase  |  Firebase Cloud Messaging

The function is not as useful if it wont work when the app is asleep but maybe that is just the way it has to work. Can someone confirm one way ot the other. Thanks.

@BlynkAndroidDev

This issue seems to be in your line of understanding? Your assistance may be required again.

@koaiwi

I see you have removed and re-added the notification widget… have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole app itself? Your projects are stored on the server, linked to your account email, so will be restored when you log in anew.

The previous issue also tried to uninstall and reinstall the app with no improvement. So I
think I will wait for @BlynkAndroidDev to have a look at the issue unless he too thinks I should try that or says this is just the way it has to be.

Ya, no sense in wasting a few clicks and less than 5 minutes to confirm :wink:

Thanks for your ironic response :slight_smile: .Being a grey beard programmer I’ve learnt to choose my battles and let the younger ones do some legwork. :slight_smile: I can wait.:sleepy:

No problem, it suits my personality at times :wink:

And being a mostly grey bearded technician, I know that value of process of elimination. And speaking of irony, removing and reinstalling the app may have even taken less time/effort than typing the post, stating that you are not going to remove and reinstall the app :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Was just trying to help, carry on.

@koaiwi could be your phone settings? Usually this is the case.

@Dmitriy do you know which ones in particular? If you know it will save me searching around.

What version of Android is on your Huawei P9 ?

android 6.0 and emui version 4.1.1

OK. So in the interest of the discipline of the art of elimination:

1. Uninstalled blynk app on my Huawei P9 and reinstalled. Result:
  • Notification received in run mode.

• Notification not received in sleep mode

2 My wife has a galaxy core prime android version 5.1.1. I have shared my project with her (yes I know that is dangerous but needs must when following the path of elimination).

• Notification received in run mode.
  • Notification is received in sleep mode

I’ve checked my notification settings for Blynk app on my phone and it is all set to receive in priority mode OK.

I’ve googled the issue and found a number of posts - all without resolution.

My conclusion. It’s either my phone’s settings and/or the Huawei implementation of android. Blynk implementation seems OK unless there a method quirk that needs to be different for my circumstances. Anyone think of anything else?

By “share” here do you mean access to account (login with our acc and pass) or sharing feature?

No not as rash as giving her my login details :). Just sharing feature sending the link to the project.

Hi all.
Topic has seemed to have gone to sleep.
I still have the issue here. Still no joy. My Android on ver 6.0 is not receiving notifications at all now either in sleep or active mode. It was receiving in active mode but neither mode is working now.
My wife’s Android 5.1.1 phone is receiving notifications in sleep and active mode. I have them side by side :). No change there regarding wife husband communication :slight_smile:
My phone is fine with WhatsApp notifications in both sleep and active mode.
I’ve checked my settings for the blynk and WhatsApp apps and they are exactly the same for notification.
Any thoughts guys?

Can anyone help me with this please or is it just one of those things that won’t work on my android 6 phone.

Can anyone else test the notification function on an android 6 phone and let me know if it works or not?

Better still test it on a Huawei p9 lite running android 6.0?
@Gunner @Dmitriy @BlynkAndroidDev