[SOLVED] Sketch does not compile anymore with BLYNK_DEBUG defined

Hi,

When coding
#define BLYNK_DEBUG

I get the following errors. Without it, the compile runs fine.

and BTW where is the ESP8266_HardSer.h file in the new blynk library? I cannot find it, so used the old one. maybe that’s causing the problem

In file included from C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/BlynkSimpleShieldEsp8266_HardSer.h:21:0,

from C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\BlynkArduino_Node_Office_ESP8266_V1.1\BlynkArduino_Node_Office_ESP8266_V1.1.ino:95:

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h: In member function ‘void BlynkProtocol::sendCmd(uint8_t, uint16_t, const void*, size_t, const void*, size_t)’:

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:368:40: error: there are no arguments to ‘BLYNK_DBG_DUMP’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘BLYNK_DBG_DUMP’ must be available [-fpermissive]

BLYNK_DBG_DUMP("<", buff+5, len2s-5);

^

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:368:40: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h: In instantiation of ‘void BlynkProtocol::sendCmd(uint8_t, uint16_t, const void*, size_t, const void*, size_t) [with Transp = BlynkTransportShieldEsp8266; uint8_t = unsigned char; uint16_t = unsigned int; size_t = unsigned int]’:

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/WidgetBridge.h:30:78: required from here

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:368:40: error: ‘BLYNK_DBG_DUMP’ was not declared in this scope

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h: In instantiation of ‘bool BlynkProtocol::processInput() [with Transp = BlynkTransportShieldEsp8266]’:

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:132:31: required from ‘bool BlynkProtocol::run(bool) [with Transp = BlynkTransportShieldEsp8266]’

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\BlynkArduino_Node_Office_ESP8266_V1.1\BlynkArduino_Node_Office_ESP8266_V1.1.ino:245:13: required from here

C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk/Blynk/BlynkProtocol.h:268:48: error: ‘BLYNK_DBG_DUMP’ was not declared in this scope

BLYNK_DBG_DUMP(">", inputBuffer, hdr.length);

^

Using library SoftwareSerial at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SoftwareSerial
Using library BlynkESP8266_HardSer in folder: C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\BlynkESP8266_HardSer (legacy)
Using library blynk at version 0.3.3-beta in folder: C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\blynk
Using library SimpleTimer in folder: C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SimpleTimer (legacy)
Using library DHT_sensor_library at version 1.2.1 in folder: C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DHT_sensor_library
Using library EEPROM at version 2.0 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\EEPROM
Using library MAX6675 at version 1.0.0 in folder: C:\Users\Markus Rohner\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MAX6675
exit status 1
Error compiling.`

Have you commented out the BLYNK_PRINT Serial??

I had the same issue and I think it’s because you have the BLYNK_DEBUG but commented out its route to debug to.

If you haven’t actually commented it out and want the debug output try adding the above line

#include BLYNK_PRINT Serial

Ric

you meant define BLYNK_PRINT Serial. Yes, that did the trick. Thanks

Yes i did mean define… Sorry

It gave you a clue in the right direction

Glad its working now…